Prologue

THE CHALLENGE THIS MONTH is to read a romance book. The day has finally come for Ra to be giving romance a chance. It was a long time since she last read a book from this genre and if it wasn't for a challenge she gave to herself she would have never read it. Not trusting the youtubers she watches for a recommendation she went up to the bookshop worker and asked her for help.
"Excuse me, I'm looking for a romance book.", Ra said.
"What kind of a romance book are you looking for?", asked the lady with a smile on her face.
"Um... I'm not sure. I was wondering if you could help me choose a book."
'What is wrong with me... I should have made my mom choose a book... Why am I so embarassing.', Ra's thoughts were repeating inside her head.
"Well, if you look at the shelf over there", the lady pointed at a shelf few steps away from Ra, "you could see our best-selling romance books. Or you could tell me what other books you enjoy so I can give you something similar."
"I like fantasy and science-fiction.", Ra said without thinking about the question.
'I should have simply said a book title not a whole genre!', Ra was again overthinking a simple conversation.
"Oh, I know a book just for you. It was added to our store this week."
The lady walked away from Ra's sight and returned a few seconds later with a red hardcover book in her hands.
"This is a new YA book that I think you would enjoy."
She was too afraid to not take the book and to continue the conversation so she bought it. Ra didn't read the synopsis at the back of the book or remembered the name of the book.
'I must look like such a weirdo right know', she thought as she said goodbye to the lady and walked out of the store.

♡ ♡ ♡

After returning home and taking a shower Ra looked at the book. It had a simplistic romance book cover with a drawing of two people kissing. The title "Cherry blossom at our school" made Ra think that the lady who worked at the store perhaps didn't care about what she had told her and just gave her the book. Ra took her phone, put her earphones on and played some relaxing music. She always liked listening to music while doing anything including reading. She opened the "Cherry blossom at our school" and started reading. After a few pages either from the book or the music she was starting to drift off and her eyes started to fill heavy. The next thing she remebers is opening her eyes to a place she didn't recognize.