III.

Back at the Davenport house, the team listened to the phone ring only seconds after Sloan and Hotch had re-entered the house

          Back at the Davenport house, the team listened to the phone ring only seconds after Sloan and Hotch had re-entered the house. The unsub taunted them. He taunted Cheryl.

"I bet those clever FBI agents deduced my plan just in time," he told her, "If they hadn't, I'd of had you both. The whole set. The matching pair."

Then, Cheryl began to panic. She talked to him. She asked him questions. Exactly what the agents didn't want her to do.

"What do you want?!" She yelled.

"What do I want? You! It may not be today, it may not be tomorrow, but I promise you! We will be together!"

Click. He hung up. Marjorie stepped away from the table, trying to give her brain the space and silence necessary to think. All the information she had just discovered in the past two minutes had been overwhelming.

The matching pair. He's a collector.

She asked him with her glances, the way she walks. Erotomania. She's dealt with that one before.

The belief that someone of a higher social status than you is in love with you.

Why are these things important? The unsub knows these girls. They know the unsub. Whoever this kidnapper is, he's part of their life.

Gideon and Reid took Cheryl and her father into the study to debrief them on the new information. Sloan stood in the kitchen, in front of the sink. For a long moment, she held her hands under warm running water before rubbing her face.

She felt a presence behind her and turned to see Hotch walking into the room, "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you."

She shook her head, "You didn't."

The man found a glass in one of the cabinets and got himself a glass of water. It was silent for a few moments.

"You seem to know what you're doing," he told her.

"You sound surprised."

"I'm not surprised, just impressed. You have a valuable skillset, it's nice to see you know how to use it well."

"Thank you?" She didn't mean for it to come off as a question, but the delivery of his compliment confused her.

"Elle says your dream is the BAU."

That caught her off guard. She hesitated, clearing her throat. "Um yeah. . . I'm still happy for her though, for getting the spot. There's no hard feelings."