Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

(Camila's POV)

** "What would you say if I offered to walk you home?"

Was this girl serious? I thought to myself as I picked up the book I had left earlier that day. Lauren was unmistakably beautiful and was shamelessly flirting with me, but what surprised me even more was that I was flirting back. I had little to no experience when it came to getting the attention of someone I was interested in, but here I was, and needless to say the green eyed girl definitely had gotten my attention.

"That would be-" I started but was then cut off by the girl Lauren had called Ally. She began tugging on  the taller brunette's sleeve of her button up.

"LO! Want a job? I really need your help, Megan just called in sick for her shift and you're the only person I know who has a sensible knowledge of coffee! Please Lauren, Please!!!" The smaller one pleaded. Honestly I would have taken the job if she had asked, but hey, if green eyed beauty was going to be there all day everyday, I could get used to coming by a little more often than usual.

"Sure, I guess." She sighed, "I mean I do need the money and soccer's basically over unless we make the playoffs, so sure Ally I'd love to." This time she smiled at the older barista, then mouthed "I'm so sorry" with an apologetic look on her face as Ally squeezed her into a hug.

"Thank you so much Lo! I need you here tonight but you don't officially start until next Monday! Here's your uniform." The blonde squealed , passed Lauren the apparent, and then returned to the cash to serve the next customer.

"Well I better get going before Chee-Dinah burns the apartment building down." I smiled at Lauren before I moved to walk away. Then I felt a cold hand on my wrist from behind the counter and a raspy voice asking me to wait.

"Camila! Wait," the soccer player whispered just audible enough for me to hear. "I'll see you here tomorrow right? Noon?" A small smile crept on her lips and I was sure I felt the heat rush to my cheeks as she let go of my wrist in order to take my hand in hers for a brief moment.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world." I smiled, gave her hand a small squeeze, and then let go of it. I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss the contact with the girl in front of me, I'd also be lying if I told you I knew why.

"Perfect, see you then cutie." And with that she gave me a wink with her enchanting emerald orbs, then went back to putting on the apparent Ally had given her.

I'd like to say that her wink didn't have much of  an effect on me and I walked home without thinking of the goddess I had just met, but that wouldn't be the truth. No, I walked home with her and only her on my mind- envisioning everything from her hair, to her unforgettable green eyes. Since my apartment wasn't far from the Cafe, I made it there before my thoughts could run any deeper than how beautiful I thought Lauren was. I brushed through the doors of the building then clicked the elevator button. I wonder if Lauren would like elevators- wait Camila stop.You just met her for christ sakes. I thought to myself, then the elevator door opened in front of me, and I stepped inside to push the number 7 in order to get to my floor. When the door opened again, I was on my floor and I could already smell whatever Dinah had tried to cook. Without hesitation I hurried down the hall and opened the door to "723" where a little sign hung on the it that said, "Welcome to Mila and DJ's". What I found behind it was Miss Dinah Jane herself, in her cooking glory, attempting to make, well to be honest I don't even know what she was trying to make. When she pulled it out of the oven, it looked pretty much uneatable like everything she tried to cook. This chick could burn water I swear to you.