Chapter 8

Chapter8

"LET'SGO N Y U!!" I hear Bea yell from the back which puts a smile on allthe girls faces as we all have our arms around in a huddle whileswaying to the music. In that moment I realized that today had beenone of the best days I've had in a long while, I knew what I had todo to win this game. I can worry about winning the girl over lateron, I've got a game to play.

(Camila)

  Looking Out on the field, I began replaying the memory of wishing the one who wore number nine good luck. Where did that confidence come from?I'm usually a babbling mess. When the older girl came into view I Snapped out of my current thoughts and remembered exactly why I didit. Unlike everyone else, Lauren made me feel beyond comfortable. Ikissed her cheek in attempt to show her that  I'm rooting for her,like I said I would be. I scanned the green eyed soccer player fromthe stands and began to analyze every physical aspect of her. Hethighs were toned and muscular due to the years of playing her favourite sport, arms also showing strength for with every movement anew muscle flexed. She radiated the confidence of a captain and the moment I caught her looking up at me, my heart completely stopped.She flashed an award winning smile, then brought her hand to herheart and mouthed a brief "Thank You", I smiled back, then she gave me a small wave before turning around to address her teammates.This fucking dork will be the death of me.

AsI started to get comfortable I over heard a few girls from mypsychology class talking about Lauren. I adjusted myself so I couldhear their conversation better. But what was coming out of theirmouths wasn't exactly what I would've like to have heard about my newpotential girlfriend, at least from someone else.

  "God,Jauregui is so fucking hot.." I hear one of them whisper yell, as Lauren is readjusting her hair  tie, while her head band hung looselyin her mouth. "Enough to turn the whole female student population gay as hell." I smiled at that, knowing that my soccer player wasmore then aesthetically pleasing. Lauren became a topic ofconversation between the three girls after scoring the first goal ofthe game. I'd be lying if I said I didn't cheer as loud as possiblefor her.  But that was replaced by an uneasy feeling the moment Iheard the blonde speak up, while only fifteen minutes into the game.

"Jenn,don't even bother she just the hit and quit type," She chuckledbitterly, "Been there done that."

"Oh I'd definitely hit it." Jenn replies, "And come on Carly, just because it happened to you doesn't mean it'll happen to someone else!I heard she's settled down quiet a bit since last year. Barely ever goes out anymore, just spends her time reading and studying."

"It was probably just a copping mechanism." Someone else interjects. Inod along with her argument, Lauren's past wasn't news to me. I knewshe went through a rather provocative stage, however I had no idea what the reason was behind it. I turned to see the other girls shake their head at the younger brunette.

"Well sleeping with over ten girls over the course of six months, it has to be. Ally, said she's been stuck on this one girl for the last few months and ever since Lauren locked eyes with her, she's all she thinks about constantly." The youngest of the three tries again.

"That's adorable! See she can be romantic." Jenn says mater of factually, "I know what happened wasn't the best but, I've never heard you complain about the sex so..." She begins to giggle at herself.

"That'snot the point idiot, yeah I'll admit, she can do wonders with her hands. But that doesn't change the fact that she tried to numb herself with sex and alcohol, she basically just used them." Carly sighs angrily and looks to the littlest one again. "Charlie, I know you think she's awesome and stuff because you're one of the practice players and she makes you feel important even when you don't get to play. But honestly I just can't stand her."