Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

 I couldn't remember ever being this nervous when it came to anyone else. My palms were sweating, heart racing, and hands shaking. Not only had I begged Ally to borrow her truck but I also bought some flowers at the store in an attempt to be somewhat charming. However, now standing in front of both Camila's as well as my teammate Dinah's apartment, I was surprised I hadn't ran off already. Of course since luck wasn't on my side this evening, the Polynesian answered the door. She offered me a smile before allowing me inside, I knew I wasn't going to get out of here without at least one snide remark about these flowers I was holding, or at least the shakiness of my hands. The taller woman smirked at me before bursting into laughter. At first I was wondering if Camila had stood me up and I looked like a complete idiot, and then I clued in.

"Look at you being all Prince Charming like." Ladies and gentlemen, Dinah Jane. I sighed audibly before placing the bouquet on the kitchen counter. She scanned me from head to toe before saying something else. "She's just brushing her teeth, she'll be right out, take a seat." Thanking Jesus for the fact that she hadn't given me the over protective best friend speech yet, I gladly took a seat on the sofa that faced the small hallway. Instead of acting completely off my game, I looked out the large window. Their apartment had an unbelievable view of New York. From up there you could see almost everything, including the empire state building. When I heard footsteps coming from the assumed to be bathroom I turned my head to catch a glimpse. What my eyes were met with left me completely speechless and had I not been sitting, well, lets just say I would've had to take a moment.

"Hey." Camila said with a shy smile. God why did she have to be so fucking adorable. Her outfit nearly knocked me out but this wasn't about just looks. This was about her mind and everything that came with it. I wanted more with the brunette than I had ever wanted before, and in all honesty that scared the crap out of me. I must of zoned out because I nearly jumped out of my skin when Dinah coughed obnoxiously to let me know I had been addressed. Smacking my self internally I allowed my eyes to give Camila a proper once over before responding.

"You look amazing." I nearly died at the fact that I couldn't find anything better to say then the cliche thing. But it was true, she looked incredible and I didn't want to waste any time without letting her know. She smiled at me then walked over, surprisingly she kissed me in greeting and then lingered there for a moment. Butterflies were invading my stomach once more and I had no sweet clue as to what to do. Noticing this, the brunette grabbed my hand then led me out the door. Just as we left Dinah shot me a famous 'if you hurt her I will end you' glare before the it shut behind us. The blonde had this intense look that she used on the pitch most times. It looked like a scawol however it also resembled that look you get from your mother when you know for a fact you're in shit if you so much as move the wrong way. But right now Camila's small hand was in mine and I could care less about what Dinah or anyone else thought right then. It seemed as though time stopped when I was with her. We could be together for more than a few hours and it'd only feel like minutes to me. She tossed me back a smile and I continued to follow her to the elevator. When the doors finally closed, I felt a soft pair of lips pressed against mine. The brunette smiled into the kiss and then pulled away to get a look at my face.

"This is going to be great." She whispered before we got to our designated floor. Part of me wondered what the hell had come over her but the rest of me just wanted to enjoy the confidence as it lasted. I lead the smaller girl to Ally's truck then opened the passenger door and then got into the drivers seat. I took one deep breath before revving the engine to life and placed my free hand on Camila's thigh. I relaxed when she entangled our fingers then pulled out of the small parking lot.

Thanks to some connections I had with the owner I was able to get reservations for the brown eyed girl and myself at one of the new restaurants that had recently opened. It wasn't super fancy but more elegant than taking her to my favourite diner and far more romantic. Camila wasn't like anyonr who I had gone out with in the past, and I wanted to prove that to her. I parked the truck and took the liberty of getting out and opening the brunette's door for her. She smiled and took my hand as I led her out to the busy streets of New York.