Chapter 40- Sweet Home D.C.

Zac Efron Locks Lips with New Love Interest at Boston Marathon Finish Line

By Just Jared on April 15th, 2019 at 12:05 PM

Only a month ago, Zac Efron was romantically linked to Olympian Sarah Bro, but it appears he's already set his sights on a new leading lady, who also has a notable athletic prowess.

At the finish line for Monday's Boston Marathon, Efron, who was shirtless, greeted one lucky runner with an affectionate embrace and kiss while onlookers cheered and applauded. An online search of her bib number revealed his new mystery lady is [Your Full Name] of Washington, D.C. She posted a finishing time of 2:56:23, which places her in the top 5% of runners at the iconic race.

It wasn't immediately clear why Efron wasn't wearing a shirt (Monday's high temperature was only in the high 40s F) but it became apparent when the pair was later spotted at Boston's Logan International Airport for their flight home. [Last Name] was photographed wearing a t-shirt that read, "Run like Zac Efron is Waiting for You at the Finish Line with His Shirt Off."

While not much is known about his new love interest, she already has plenty in common with his family. Efron shared a video to his Instragam account in 2018 featuring him greeting his younger brother, Dylan, 28, at the same finish line (although he opted for rain gear for that occasion). For what it's worth, [Last Name] bested the younger Efron's finish time by one minute and twenty-seven seconds.

A source close to Efron confirms Zac has, "never been happier," while declining to confirm his relationship status. The source did, however, confirm he and Bro are 'just friends.'
———————-

"You just haddddddd to go showing up with your shirt off," Y/N razzed him when they returned back to her D.C. apartment.

"I had to do something to get your attention!" he teased.

"Yeah, mine and the rest of the world's," she played with him as they got in the elevator. "My boss is never going to let me hear the end of this. And...my friends...?"

"You still haven't told them?!"

"Well thanks to you, now I don't need to," she gently pressed her lips to his.

Arriving on the seventh floor, Zac followed Y/N out of the elevator, carrying both of their bags, while she unlocked the door. They could hear the pitter patter of Buddy's paws, eagerly waiting to greet them.

He was so overwhelmed with excitement, he threw himself at their feet and rolled over, waiting impatiently for them to rub his belly.

Zac was just relieved, after the fight he and Y/N had, the dog managed to quickly forgive him too.

"Do you want to go for a walk?" he offered both of them.

"Sure," she replied and Buddy immediately jumped to his feet. Y/N hooked him up to his lead and they were on their way.

As they exited the apartment building, she started to go left, following their usual route, but Zac convinced her to go right. Thinking nothing of it, they eventually made their way to a quiet side street, around the corner from her favorite coffee shop.

"I hardly ever come down this block," she remarked as they walked hand-in-hand.

"What do you think of it?" he tried to keep his composure.

"Nice...quiet..." she detailed. "Cherry blossom trees," she pointed overhead. "In a few weeks, they'll be in full bloom."

Zac stopped in the middle of the sidewalk and faced across the street, "What do you think about that blue house?" he motioned to a row home with a 'For Sale' sign in the front window.