coffee date that never happened

a/n: Hey everyone!!! I'm sorry for being gone for a while- I am working on new content! I just need to work on some more things before I begin publishing my next story but hopefully I will pin down a date soon.

While waiting on information about that, here is my offering to you to let you all know I'm still alive hahaha

Thank you so much for being so patient. All of my love!!!

-L.T. May

Based on the characters of 'my type' and contains major spoilers

TW: mentions of murder and suicide

"Come on." Padgett patted down the lock of hair that refused to stay in place for the hundredth time. "Oh my god, just stay down, you little piece of shit." She muttered to herself in frustration. No matter what she did, the tiny piece of her hair wanted to be standing up and it annoyed her to no end.

She glanced at the time, realising that if she spent any longer in the bathroom then she would be later than she already was. Cursing multiple times, she called it a day and shoved everything into her bag.

Padgett rushed out of the house and fumbled her way into her car, not even checking if she'd forgotten anything. She sped through the streets, having a couple close calls in terms of nearly hitting several pedestrians.

Sprinting out of the car, she composed herself before entering the coffee shop.

Her green eyes darted around until they landed on (Y/n). She looked...sweet. Padgett's heart rate picked up and she did a couple of deep breaths as she walked over.

"Twenty minutes late. Better than I was expecting." (Y/n) remarked.

Padgett rolled her eyes. "You're lucky I even remembered." She sat down a tossed her bag to the floor.

"Don't worry, I've only been here for like a minute." (Y/n) spoke proudly. "Since I knew you'd lose track of time pampering and preening yourself. Am I right?"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever."

"All that time and you still missed a spot." (Y/n) reached across to gently pat down the stubborn bit of hair. As soon as her fingers stroked over it, it seemed to rest seemlessly into the rest of Padgett's hair. "There you go."

"Thank you." Padgett said under her breath. Feeling flustered, she quickly grabbed the menu and started to examine it. "Get whatever you want." She blurted out. "I'm cool with paying."

"Oh, you don't have to-"

"I asked you out. I pay. End of story." Padgett practically demanded. "And don't get any of that cheap shit because you feel bad, just get what you want."

(Y/n) smiled slightly, she was aware that Padgett came off aggressive when she didn't always want to but in spending more time with the girl she came to see through her façade.

"What do you think you're gonna get?"

"They do this, like, caramel frappé thing that's pretty good. I don't know, Orlando's super into it for some reason."

(Y/n) giggled a little. "I always thought you'd be too pretentious to try one of those drinks where it doesn't even taste like coffee and is mostly straight up cream and sugar."

Making a small smirk, Padgett playfully tapped (Y/n)'s leg under the table with her own. "Well, I guess I'm less predictable than you thought."

"Guess so."