what happens after burnout?

warnings: allusion to rape, murder, suicide mention, bad language, mental break, captivity, general toxic behaviour.

Burnout ended with (Y/n) returning to her captors after trying to put an end to her misery. She realised that if she were to hide from them again then more people would lose their lives and it would be even worse if she were to die. But what happens after?

Well:

- When she first gets back the Verilys are too fucking smug (especially Carlisle) to even think about punishing her.

- Yeah, she ran away but she came back almost immediately- feeding that thought in their head that she can't survive without them.

- Danny still feels pretty guilty about his what he'd done to her but not guilty enough to stay away from her when she came back.

- They'd all just been ever so heartbroken when they woke up that morning and she was gone, when she returned it was like a gift from God!

- She'll never tell them that she almost killed herself that night because that would only make them put her on an even shorter leash.

- Fast forward to once Danny's parents are gone. (Y/n) is no longer hallucinating but she's still pretty upset about everything that had happened.

-Assuming that Danny had been successful in getting her pregnant, I can't see this going as well as it did for Aaron.

- Obviously she can't hide it forever and once the morning sickness kicks in and (Y/n) understands what is going on, she knows she has to tell the Verilys.

- Danny doesn't last long once he gets found out, it's a fucking bloodbath. They use Warren's money to send someone to kill Aaron too once they hear Danny's explanation.

- Danny getting murdered oddly makes (Y/n) a bit more receptive to the Verilys. She was living in a constant haze with her already unstable mind and the lines of morality had become so blurred recently.

- She'd be given the option of adoption, abortion or keeping the baby and I think she'd keep it. (Y/n) obviously didn't have a great childhood so I feel that she'd grasp at this chance to make things right, sort of blanking on the fact that this kid is gonna be raised in a very oppressive environment.

- After Danny's death, Carlisle will feel sad for a few days and then pretty much go back to normal. Not sad for Danny, but sad for (Y/n) and what happened to her but he isn't well versed in expressing emotions so he tries to forget it and move on.

- Lawrence on the other hand would have a complete reset. He's gonna be a hundred times more protective after this, he just can't believe that this happened under his own roof. He definitely beats himself up about it a lot, he'd allowed both Rio and Danny to be near her and they'd both hurt her.

- But they were both dead now and Lawrence was eager to make sure anyone else who dared try to hurt her would receive the same fate.

- This would also make Lawrence a lot more wary of Carlisle, he'd done inappropriate things with (Y/n) in the past but now it was different.

- I see Lawrence killing Carlisle before the baby is born, it would probably be becuase of a small incident or maybe not anything at all but he'd just snap thinking of all the things that had happened to (Y/n).

- So now it's just Lawrence and (Y/n) left and she's not gonna be too torn up about Carlisle dying either.

- Her mental state is definitely going down the drain at this point, she feels dependant on Lawrence and the Stockholm Syndrome is strong. But they wouldn't be in a proper relationship just yet.