what if...?

MAJOR SPOILERS FOR BURNOUT!!!!!!

warnings: allusion to rape, murder, suicide mention, bad language, mental break, captivity, general toxic behaviour.

What if Rio hadn't died?

The surprisingly popular Rio had a pretty untimely end in 'Burnout' but let's look at what would have happened if he survived getting exposed:

-In this scenario I can only see the others deciding to keep him around because of the sheer amount of knowledge he has about (Y/n) from after she left and from before they even knew she existed.

-But Rio is kept on a pretty tight leash for some time, (Y/n) doesn't want to see him and the others don't want him seeing her.

-He'd persevere and just wait out his 'punishment' until the time was right.

-In the original story (Y/n) wasn't too upset when he died becuase he was just gone and the others didn't ever mention him again, she didn't have to associate him with any of the time they spent together.

-But with him around now he'd definitely make more of an effort to be more likable rather than domineering. He would try to remind her of how much she loved him, she did spend two years seeing no one apart from him after all.

-It isn't hard for him to feign guilt about his actions because he probably does feel at least a little bit guilty about making her fear that Jonah was out to get her.

-She probably tells him instead of Danny about the fact that she was the one who killed Jonah when she gets sick of hearing him talk about how whoever killed Jonah is coming for her next.

-He'd surprised but... Not that surprised.

-He fucked with her mind a lot and literally made out Jonah to be the epitome of evil in her mind so he didn't believe it to be beyond her for her to act out like that.

-Ethan also probably gets to live in this scenario as Rio would clock Ethan instantly since he knows who he is. He wouldn't tell the others because they'd go crazy and he'd just tell Ethan to back off.

-Rio doesn't like killing people if it's unnecessary so he'd get Ethan to move far far away from them.

-Since Ethan's death kick-started (Y/n)'s mental break, she wouldn't hallucinate and since she doesn't start hallucinating she doesn't try to kill Danny.

-Another result of not hallucinating is that she never would have asked Lawrence about Carlotta and then she wouldn't have found out about Tommy's suicide.

-So (Y/n) is actually in a much better place mentally.

-That is until the Carters show up.

-Rio doesn't fuck with the Carters.

-He doesn't trust Aaron like the others do and would clock what's going on.

-He would try to follow Danny when he goes up to find (Y/n).

-Rio would probably hold back and wait a bit before trying to stop Danny, as much as it hurts him he needs something bad to happen to (Y/n) for him to step in and be the 'hero' that she knew.

-He wouldn't even wait to tell the others what was going on leading to a huge and bloody fallout.

-Rio takes this opportunity to take (Y/n) away from he rest of them, leaving them to rip each other to shreds.

-She's gonna be pretty indifferent about it, at this point her feelings for Rio aren't that much different from how she feels about the rest of them.

-Probably drugs her and takes away her memories again and tries to recreate what they had last time.

-Higher security this time.

-She's not getting away again.

-She will love him.