Chapter 24: Cussing

'Cussing'

05-Sep-2030, 1650U

Reyna Avila Ramirez-Arrellano, Hero of Olympus, Daughter of Bellona

Legion XII

Oakland, California, USA

"I'VE HAD IT WITH YOU, YOU STUPID SACK OF HORSESHIT!! DO YOU REALIZE WHAT YOU COULD'VE DONE, YOU JACKASS IN HORSE'S CLOTHING?! IT'S CALLED KILLING VIA ACTING LIKE A MORON, DUMBASS!! AND ANOTHER THING—"

When I jogged over to the field where the equites legionis were practicing maneuvers—something about a bunch of cavalrymen and their mounts getting injured or almost dying due to a supersonic horse—I wasn't surprised by Arion's presence. The immortal horse had a tendency to be incredibly dramatic, presumably like his father and uncles, so it made sense that he did something to startle the pegasi and alicorns.

What did surprise me was the fact that he and Percy were standing almost toe-to-toe, with the latter yelling in his face while knife-handing him—somehow managing to fit at least one curse word in every sentence. Taking in the scene from afar were the cavalrymen and their mounts, some medics, Frank, Hazel, and Leo... with my boyfriend recording the whole thing with his phone, barely holding in his giggles.

"Frank? What happened here?" I asked. My fellow consul didn't even look at me, his eyes wide and his cheeks golden Percy continued to beat Arion with curses—some even in Greek, Latin, and... was that Spanish?

"Uh... Arion decided to show up and show off a little," he murmured, still unable to avert his eyes from Percy's verbal violence. "Zoomed in outta nowhere and started doing doughnuts around the equites while they were on the ground... scared the crud outta them. Riders got bucked and some nearly got trampled. Hazel was about to scold him before... well, Percy. He's been yelling at Arion for the past... twenty-eight minutes."

"... that's not possible."

"No, what's impossible is the fact that once, he had a fourteen-word sentence that used... frick eleven times."

"'Frick?'" I clarified as Percy started shouting what sounded like curses from India and southeastern Asia.

"Well... er... you know what I mean."

I looked over towards Hazel, who looked even more embarrassed than Frank somehow as Percy continued to hurl curses—now what sounded like something from the Middle East. While they weren't quite as innocent as they were twenty years ago, they were saints compared to those like Leo (and me, I guess). Plus, going on what Frank told me, they'd likely heard more swears in the last twenty-eight—sorry, twenty-nine now—minutes than in the last decade... or two, for that matter.

"YOU GODDAMN, STUPID SON OF A BITCH!! YOU GOLD-SHITTING BASTARD WITH HOOVES!!" Percy roared as he continued to knife-hand his immortal half-brother, the horse stepping back almost skittishly. "I OUGTHA UNSCREW YOUR HEAD AND SHIT DOWN YOUR NECK, YOU EQUINE ASSHOLE!! YOU MORONIC, CRACKHEADED MOTHERFU—"

"Do I need to step in here?" I asked as I turned back towards Frank.

"Do you wanna die?" he murmured, his eyes growing wide at what sounded like French profanities coming from Percy's mouth, only further unnerving my fellow consul. And admittedly, it was a bit intimidating just hearing the barrage of curses from Percy's mouth—particularly the ones in languages I hadn't even heard before.

But this had to come to an end—at least, before Frank and Hazel died from the violation of their... innocence, shall we say. Besides, Julia had invited us over for Ethan's birthday party, so we had to get going soon.