Author's Notes (READ THIS BEFORE THE REST OF THE BOOK, PLEASE!)

Greetings, readers!

Hope you're all doing well.

This story is dedicated to service members and first responders!  Thank y'all for what you do!

Now, regarding the story, a couple of notes:

1. I do not own Percy Jackson and the Olympians or Heroes of Olympus or its characters (save for any original characters I have come up with), as they belong to Rick Riordan, the writer that created the universe (any other sections of the Riordanverse that end up the story are also not mine).

2. This is one of my first works. Plus, I suck at writing. The story usually sounds better in my head than in writing. You have been warned.

3. The only things I can write well are combat scenes. If you're looking for good romance writing, it ain't here. I'll give it my best shot, but the romance will probably suck.

4. I strive for realism, so be ready for a lot of jargon. I'll give explanations if needed.

5. I have yet to read beyond The Hidden Oracle of Trials of Apollo.  I have not read some Riordan's supplemental works either (including The Demigod Files/Diaries or whatever they're called).  Any details that may come from those books are my own knowledge based on what I've read in other fan writers' works.

6. Characters and any events are most likely out-of-character. This is my own take on the universe.

7. There is mild/medium language and some darker themes.

8. As you saw in the description, this story involves the Hunt.  But do not expect any of the Guardian of the Hunt stuff (some of them are good, yes, but it's overdone; I came up with my own idea).

9. Updates are going to be fairly erratic based on my crazy real-world schedule.

10. The cover art is not mine (I made it, but I used other people's images):

          https://library.kissclipart.com/20181218/pie/kissclipart-crossed-arrows-transparent-clipart-arrow-clip-art-3f1eb583c41ca58b.png

          https://image.freepik.com/free-photo/special-forces-soldier_1443-418.jpg

Shout-out to @CSP2708, my wonderful advisor and supporter throughout this project.  Be sure to check out her stories (the Son of Olympus series is a personal favorite of mine)!

That's pretty much all I've got. Without further ado, let's get into it. I sincerely hope you enjoy it.

Yours in writing,

ADF-2