sam puckett: keep you close

summary: inspired by the song hostage (billie eilish).

contains:
-swearing
-arguing

The tension between us could even be noticed by the ditsy red-head that just walked into the shared apartment in the middle of a heated fight

The tension between us could even be noticed by the ditsy red-head that just walked into the shared apartment in the middle of a heated fight. I stood by the kitchen while Sam was by the couch, her in the middle. She looked from side to side at us, a confused frown painted on her face, the shopping in her hand had now been transferred onto the couch.

"Hey Cat," Sam spoke through her teeth, "why don't you go get us some food from Tub-a-chicken."

"But we just ate?" Cat said, not understanding the situation, "Y/n said she was full."

"I'm still hungry!" Sam announced, her fists clenching by her sides.

"Yeah because she's greedy as fuck," I argue, making eye contact with the fuming blonde, "just like in our relationship when all she desires is me and doesn't let me hang out with anyone else anymore."

Cat eyes widen and she peered down to the keys in her hand, "twelve piece chicken tub?"

"You know me," Sam spoke, smiling fakely through her teeth until the ditsy girl was out the door.

"You think i'm greedy?!" The blonde yells as soon as the door had shut.

"Uh yeah that's the fucking point i've been trying to get into your tiny brain this whole argument!" I yell back, folding my arms and leaning on the island counter.

"I'm trying to be affectionate, you know i'm not good with that stuff!"

"I met you last month how am i supposed to know!" I argue, "maybe if you opened up about past relationships I might have some insight of what you are like!"

She rolls her eyes at my comment and bites her lip looking down at herself, adjusting her zip on her red hoodie, "i've told you i made some terrible mistakes with who i've dated, that's all you need to know," she mumbles.

I look out the window beside the door. The autumn wind blew a few coloured leaves past and as the wind stopped they dropped just by the door. I shivered and held my hands together.

"Do you not trust me?"

"What?" Sam replied, looking back up to me making eyes contact.

"Do you not trust me?" I repeat, "I wouldn't tell anyone who you used to date, I know you have that celebrity life behind you and it might be hard, but you have to just trust me sometimes!"

"Trust you?" she scoffs, "why should i when you don't even trust me sometimes?!"

"Huh I-"

"Now I've told you off for something NOW you are coming after me for all i've done," Sam shouts, cutting me off, "You don't tell me when you have a problem with me like ever, so I don't have a chance to fix it and then i do something else and you don't tell me again, and then you have all that bottled up inside and it leads to big unnecessary arguments like this!"

I take a second to let her words sink in, my heart ached and my eyes began to sting. Her loud and annoyed tone was one thing and the personal attack on me was really pushing me over the edge. I look down at my hands, embarrassment washing over me for not having a response. Taking a sharp breath in, I pushed myself off the counter, making my way past the blonde and over to the door, I slip my shoes on, grabbing my phone and earphones off the table where I left them earlier.

"What are you doing?" Sam asked, the angry expression on her face rapidly changing.

I shrug my shoulders, taking the door handle into my grip, but the hands on my shoulders stopped me from doing anything else.

"I'm s- I didn't mean to make you leave, why are-"

"I'm pissed off," I say, shrugging her hands of my shoulders, "I need to go before I say some dumb shit."

I grip tighter on the handle, using my other hand to to turn the lock, but again it was taken over by Sam's grip, a tighter grip that i remembered vividly from many different experiences before this.

"Please!" she begged, pulling on my wrist, the forced grip making my hand go limp, "I can't let you just go!"

I roll my eyes knowing that I wouldn't be able to leave even if I tried. Even though I might not know everything about the blonde haired girl, I knew what she wanted and what she's been trying to get since the first day of meeting.

"Let's work this out," she says, spinning me around, "we are gonna work this out!"

My hand slips off the handle and I look at her, tears welling up in my eyes that I was waiting to let out once the apartment door separated us. She held my wrists and pulled me a bit closer towards the couch.

"I love you Y/n and I don't want these fights to keep happening so tell me what's wrong and don't walk away from me," she confesses.

Everything I wanted to say feels stupider, weaker than what she had to say. My eyes flicked between both her dark blue eyes, I began to cringe at my past actions, mentally hitting myself because of how I act.

"Hey i'm sorry i came off a bit harsh earlier," Sam said, she must have seen the worry and disappointment in my eyes, she sat and I did the same.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in, "You- you're just- when you," I stutter then take in a deep breath I try to compose myself before starting again, "Im sorry."

She puts a hand on my thigh and shuffled closer, "stop apologising for your stutter I couldn't give a damn about it."

"Noo, Im sorry about me, my actions," I explain, "All you want is me and Ive never had anyone feel that passionate towards me and I just don't know how to handle it."

She smiles, placing a hand under my chin so I looked up at her, "you are all I ever wanted and I don't think you know how much I mean that," she says, "and I'd do anything to keep you with me, but if you don't tell me what's up we are going to keep on arguing and i'm going to have to put in way more effort to keep you close."

I nod, a small smile creeping on my lips, she gives me a peck on the lips and we hold it for a bit, both of us smiling into it, "I love you too," I say, my shaky breath fanning on her lips.

We break apart, but her hands still touch my skin, one hand on my cheek and the other on my lap.

"I've never been in love before..it's scary," I comment.

"I have."

I raise an eyebrow, "you ready to tell me about this secret partner?"

She shrugs, "you'll be shocked."

1186 words.