jenna ortega: and yet she never broke character

summary:  Jenna being a tease to her secret girlfriend while filming behind the scenes for 'Wednesday'.

contains:
-swearing

Like always, I was first to show up to the behind the scenes shoot, but luckily for me i've adapted to my fear of being late and showing up ten minutes earlier as it gives me time to tone down the mild anxiety I get while filming

My loneliness didn't last long when a fluffy object gently hit me on the top of my head, I turn around to see Jenna with a grin across her lips and holding onto her stuffed toy, Germ - which I've completely fallen in love with.

"I thought I would beat you today," she says disappointedly.

"Is this considered a race to you?" I ask, raising an eyebrow at her, causing her lips to pull to a soft smile, "you've got Germ with you," I point out, patting the fluff ball on the head.

She nods, "I'll take him everywhere with me," she states, "today and tomorrow."

"Cute!" I spoke, "you better introduce him too, as well as yourself ."

She hands me the toy and I take it, confused but happy. I examine its face: the two black beads for eyes were almost covered in the white fluff, so I gently brushed it away, as if I was trying not to poke the plastic eyes. I held him by his small arms that were also covered in the fluffy fabric up to the paws.

"You are a great parent to him," Jenna mentioned, staring deeply into my eyes, I didn't notice how close she had gotten while I was staring completely in awe at the stuffed animal.

I also didn't notice Emma and Joy standing by the doorway of the first room we were shooting in, both of them grinning at me.

"Maybe we should make it official," she spoke again, our faces only inches away.

My breath must have been held the whole time as I took a long breath out as soon as Jen stepped away, taking Germ with her and going to greet the other co-stars. I wanted to slap myself for getting all flustered so easily - but I didn't, instead I followed behind my secret girlfriend.

The Netflix producers were last to arrive on the set, today was our day to promote Jenna's new show Wednesday on social media platforms, starting with the Netflix tiktok account. They decided it would be better to promote the show by showing the actors personalities as well as clips from the show. Percy actually came up with the idea of 'Try not to Laugh challenge' and suggested it to the crew, which they hesitantly agreed on.

It was a simple set with a creepy backdrop an edgy floor and a vintage black sofa in front of the cameras. We were arranged into seats, Jenna - being the main focus - put on the centre of the couch with me and Percy on either side. Emma and Joy sat behind on black kitchen stools and of course Germ sat on Jenna's lap her arms in front of it like she was protecting him.

As soon as the cameras started rolling I already felt like bursting into a pointless laugh, however I tried my best to not even crack a smile until at leased Emma was out, as we all predicted she would be gone first. Percy let out a horrific noise at first, it took me every muscle in my body to reduce my smile. His next noise was like a creaking door and then the screams were back, causing Emma to let out her cute little chuckle and stand up to walk off the camera in defeat.

It was easier to compose myself after I got over being taken back by the noises coming out of his mouth, so I joined in, making smaller, higher pitched noises. Percy began to sound like a sick dog after a while, so I joined in with the zoo, making a couple of monkey noise which I had Jenna cracking up at a couple times in the past, however she sat completely still next to me, poker face and all. And then it was Joy's turn, making horse noise with her lips, that lasted way longer than they should've. That set off both Percy and herself, almost making me laugh seeing how annoyed they were at themselves.

It was down to me and Jenna and she hadn't even made a peep yet. I turn to her, looking confused at the camera at how she had such a straight face. I encouraged her on with my hand. A small smirk appeared on her face and I quickly started to dread what she would do. Her face came close to mine and then her lips went to my ear (-for a split second I thought she would kiss me, my breath was caught in my throat) , she let out a squeaky groan and backed away, inspecting my reaction. I think about it for a second and then let a similar noise back into her ear. She lets out an overdramatic, 'terrified' gasp, however her face was still completely straight, unlike mine as my lips turned to a smile and I let out a stupid laugh, not feeling surprised as I lost against my girlfriend - someone who I'd laugh to anything with even if it was at all that funny.

"Fuck this," I whisper quietly as I walk off behind the camera towards the others.

Jen's face was still blank. She turns back around towards the camera, a little applauding noise going off as she does a cute little sitting-down curtsy.

"And that's you done, well done Ms Ortega, and you four as well," the camera man spoke, hitting stop on the recording.

We had to say our goodbyes to Percy and Joy after that for a trio interview on the Netflix youtube channel. I one hundred percent preferred these, I was familiar with the environment from my other shows I've been featured on in my teen years. It was a simple answering questions from a jar, and with my co-stars by me I almost felt completely relaxed.

Some of the older actors arrived after that, allowing selected younger ones to go on break, which I happily took, especially when Jenna hurried me over from across the room, as if I wasn't going to go over and join her and Joy already. It was as if there was a magnet between us, attracting me over to her whenever I could.

I sit next to Jenna, crossing my legs on the backstage couch. Joy was on her phone, scrolling through an app - I was starting to wonder if I annoyed her when I started to disturb her peace and quiet, or maybe she liked the background noise, Jen was already there after all.

Her toy sat on her lap, just like in the interview, instead turned around to face her, "Germ missed you," she said, turning to me.

I smile, knowing the reason for her saying that. Jen kisses him on the forehead affectionately, as if she was kissing a small dog.

"Wish you would kiss me like that," I mumble quietly, trying to continue the flirty comments I always used to make even when me and Jenna wasn't in a secret relationship.

"You do?" she responds, raising an eyebrow, placing Germ back down onto her long black pencil skirt, "what if I did?"

My eyes stuttered from hers to Joy's as her face got closer and closer to mine until her warm breath fanned my slightly parted lips. If it wasn't for the other actress sat right there I would be bringing her lips to mine, my hands holding onto her cheeks like my life depended on it - but I couldn't and nor could Jen take this any further.

"You're silly," I half-heartedly laugh, pushing her face from mine, ignoring the urges to expose us right then and there.

She bites down on her bottom lip making me go crazy on the inside, wanting her all to myself right now. And then she places her hand on my thigh, quickly making me bring out my headphones and connecting them to my phone, needing a distraction from whatever Jenna was playing at.

1391 words.