The Night Dazai Left

Small bit of stormbringer spoilers-

The night Dazai left, it started out normal at first, you wouldn't even have known anything was wrong.

Dazai was in Lupin bar, taking a drink there for the first time in a while not having either one of his best friends there.

Dazai would admit, it was the first time in years he felt any sort of upset emotion, it did surprise him.

He couldn't get what Oda said to him before he drifted off into his external rest. Him asking the 18 year old to leave the Mafia, get a better life, become a good person.

He was asking him, the youngest Port Mafia Executive, the man who would make his enemies regret even breathing the same air as him. He might as well have asked him to go hug Akutagawa.

He didn't know if he could follow his request. As much as he wanted to he didn't know if it was possible.

He decided to go take a few drinks. Clear his mind off of things before making a choice in the morning. He probably shouldn't make a choice like this after a night of drinking but he really just needed a drink after watching his best friend, the man who was like a father to Dazai slip into the darkness and void of death in his very own arms.

He sighed at the image haunting his thoughts of Odasaku's lifeless body as he took another drink. He saw the bartender looking over at him.

"Are your friends not coming?" He asked Dazai. Dazai looked down at his drink before shaking his head. "It's just me today," Dazai said.

The bartender nodded in reply before going to tend to the other customers.

Dazai's mind was racing as he was thinking of what to do next. He wanted to fulfil Oda's wish. He really did, but would he be able to change himself?

Dazai placed a hand on his face where his bandages once were. It felt weird having this half of his face visible.

He would've put the bandages back on but he didn't. It was the last motion Oda did before dying. He wasn't going to undo the motion until the day he joins Oda in the world of death.

His thoughts stopped as he heard the door to the bar open. Dazai looked over and was surprised to see Chuuya. Chuuya walked into the bar before seeing Dazai and looking pissed off.

"Well, Chuuya, it certainly is odd to see you in this bar," Dazai said. Chuuya rolled his eyes and sat down on a bar stool a few seats away from Chuuya.

"I come here occasionally. Is there a problem with that?" Chuuya asked, obviously not in the mood to see Dazai.

"Not at all," Dazai replied as he drank more of his drink. Chuuya gave him a weird look.

"I didn't realise you had two eyes." Chuuya said, obviously on about Dazai not having his bandages on.

"Ah yes they fell off and I haven't been bothered to put them back on," Dazai lied. He didn't feel like talking about his friend's death.

"Right.." Chuuya said, not really caring for the reason his bandages were off.

"Why does Chibi like to see both my gorgeous eyes?" Dazai asked sliding over a seat towards Chuuya.

"No they make me want to vomit my insides." Chuuya said as the bartender walked over to Chuuya.

"I'm surprised you don't have lazy eye with how little you've probably used that eye." Chuuya said after the bartender took his order.

"I always took them off at home," Dazai replied simply, finally feeling a bit loosened up after taking another sip of his drink.

Chuuya was handed his drink and he took a big sip of it. "You're going to be wasted by the time you finish that," Dazai joked.