𝗲𝗽𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗱𝗲 𝟬𝟬𝟭

「                        ┒
𝙜𝙧𝙤𝙬𝙣•𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙩
▁▁▁▁▁▁
"𝙞 𝙗𝙞𝙩𝙚 𝙢𝙮 𝙩𝙤𝙣𝙜𝙪𝙚 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙖 𝙗𝙖𝙙 𝙝𝙖𝙗𝙞𝙩''

┕ 」

January 10th, 2019...

"Alright, that'll wrap up practice for the rest of the day. We've got a lot of work to do before the season starts Luckye, Trenton, y/l/n, you guys stay, everyone else is dismissed." Coach Maverick waves us over and off the court, while everyone one else headed to the locker rooms.

"Trent, y/l/n will be starting as point guard the first couple of games. Luckye and y/l/n, playing as a team is all about teamwork with you guys as the shooting guard and point guard I want you guys to start building some team chemistry, go out for lunch, play video games, do something. Dismissed." Coach ordered. Luckye and I nodded to each other in acknowledgement before turning to head back to the locker room.

"What?! Coach, she's new." Trenton stayed back to complain, I just rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, and so are you." Mav argued.

"Okay but I am a top player." He defended. I leaned against the wall of the locker room, wanting to listen in on the conversation, Luckye just continued on past me.

"Prove it then. That wasn't top player effort in practice today. y/l/n showed that she wanted to be here today. Meanwhile, you seemed to be half-assing it."

"I could've chosen any other college that I wanted-"

"Then why didn't you?" Coach asked, turning around to face the player. Tay froze, closing and opening his mouth like a fish out of water. "Dismissed."

"But Coach-"

"Dismissed Trenton."

The point guard smacked a chair as he started walking back to the locker room, causing me to let out a little laugh before I turned around and continued walking to the locker room too. Taking my time getting my stuff, I ignored Tay once he finally walked in. He grabbed his stuff, slamming his locker and glaring at me on his way back out.

"Don't worry about him, he just thinks he's better than anybody that isn't from the suburbs." Luckye comforted. I shrugged on my under armor book bag, staring into the empty space Tay was in a second ago.

"I was never worried in the first place."

▁▁▁▁▁

I put my key in the door, pushing it open with my foot as I dribbled my basketball, narrating my moves lowly.

"It's y/l/n against Knobs. Hits em wit the hesi, oh! Then the spin move. Goes to shoot the ball, can they get it up in time and-" Coming out of the spin move I came face to face with a room full of girls who looked like they stopped mid conversation to stare at me. "Oh, what's up?"

"How did you get in?" The cuban girl, Ana, if I remember correctly, asked.

"Oh um, Savior gave me a key, did she not tell you guys?" I stuttered out, going back to dribbling. The girls all looked at each other, shaking there heads before looking back at me.