[ Prequel - Chapter 1 ]

The sound of drumming against polished wood echoed in a rhythm throughout the halls, followed by occasional humming of a song meant to strike fear into the hearts of enemies. The air was thin yet thick with strong, negative emotion. So suffocating, in fact, that if any living being got too close to the source of it, they would collapse and writhe from pain and agony. And nothing would save it.

Darkness filled the room with the source of all of this negativity. Nothing could be heard but the sound of something drumming on polished wood in the same slow rhythm. The darkness was pulsating, suffocating even the air if any had dared to remain in this forsaken room. Yet not a moment later, the air shifted as the negativity in the room increased. Something else was now in the room. The silhouette of a humanlike creature was kneeling on the floor, head bowed towards the darkness. It was noticeable, even in the darkness, that this person was wearing a scarf.

"Terror," the kneeling silhouette spoke in a near whisper. "Dream has been spotted sneaking around the woodlands on the outskirts of your castle. I have already sent one of our crew members out to stall their uninvited trip. What shall we do with him once captured?" The raspy voice fell immediately silent. Awaiting an answer as the humming of the darkness had stopped.

An illuminating blue ring appeared in the center of the darkness, its gaze on the kneeling, now slightly visible monster. It was a living, breathing skeleton with a blue jacket on, hood up; simple shorts and dusted, bloody slippers. This light, however, also illuminated what beast resided in this room of no light. It held the name of Terror. It was another skeleton, as black as night. It appeared as if his form was constantly, slowly melting; and behind him, barely illuminated, was four tendrils protruding from his back. Slowly rising and falling, sharpening and dulling.

He rose to his feet, a grin spreading across his face. He leaned down close to the kneeling skeleton and whispered right into their 'ear'.

"If you don't bring me back that little pest," it said in a quiet, aggressive voice. One on the verge of constant eruptions. "I will see to it that you will never hope-- never dream of me ever releasing you of your night terrors, your constant agony. I will ensure that you suffer so badly each night that you will not be able to breathe.~"

The kneeling skeleton started to tremble. He had opened his eyes, panic striking him when he saw a tendril dart for his neck; feeling himself being risen off the floor and partially strangled in the air. The negativity polluting his mind, a cry of fear escaping him- one of pain. He could feel the acid from the tendril sinking into his neck, pain shooting up and down his body. "Plea-se- I can't. Brea-" And as quick as he pleaded for dear life, he felt himself being released. The floor rushed towards him in greeting as he fell and a loud crack emitted through the room. A fracture on the eye socket.

"Do not fail to disappoint me, Murder. I am not one to break my word." Terror had spoke in the same aggressive, quiet tone. Murder, after picking himself up from writhing in pain, gave a subtle nod and kneeled back down- only to disappear as soon as he arrived. Terror sat himself down with a satisfied, but disappointed grin. His head rested in the palm of a hand propped up on his throne, as the other fell and started to slowly drum on the polished wood of his throne. His familiar humming echoing through the halls. The blue ring of his eye light closed, and he was submerged in darkness once more.

He would have finally captured his brother.
The one who started this all.

_____

ABOUT THE CHARACTERS!

Terror
- Leader of the Bad Sanses.
- King of Negativity.
- He does not feel care for anybody.
- His only goal is to ultimately destroy all positivity.
- His body is corrupted and is highly acidic.
- His aura is so negative that it can potentially weaken if not kill any and all who are around him.
- His form is not final; he can change forms, though only does this to manipulate people.
- Brother of Dream.

Murder / Dust Sans
- Member of the Bad Sanses.
- He is not a friendly person and is mostly found distanced from others.
- His scarf is very important to him, as it belongs to his dead brother.
- He is insane, and is being manipulated by Terror.

Dream
- Leader of the Star Sanses.
- The positivity guardian.
- He is a generally kind skeleton who tries to help whoever he can.
- His soul is the last golden (positivity) apple.
- He works better with others.
- He needs positivity to fight, or he will most likely perish.
- Brother of Terror.

(Feel free to ask questions. I'd gladly answer! And yes, this is only a teaser chapter. I plan to write much more in future chapters.)