Chapter 1 - Belly's POV

Here we are again, this ride. This is the thing that makes me feel that I am home. The surfboards, the beach houses, the running around of kids. I looked around and knew this was where I am supposed to be. I rolled down the window. I took in the scent of salty scent. I close my eyes and imagine that I am already there. Jeremiah is sitting on the front porch, waiting for us.
That Steven gets out of the car to greet his long-time friend that he hasn't seen in months. I just sit in the car, waiting. My mom doesn't bug me about not helping this time. But. I come back to reality when I hear someone call my name loud. "Yes," I say, angry.
"We are almost at the Fisher's. So stop zoning out and keep a lookout." My mother tells me. I didn't understand why she is making us look out for the house when we already know where it is. "Mom. Are you okay?" Steven asks my mother. "What? What is the matter with you? I just don't want to have to drive around over and over again." Mom tells my older brother. Also, he is driving the car.
In a blink of an eye, we are in the driveway. What in the world? How did I miss the drive?... Oh, no wonder. I wasn't paying attention. I hear someone make a sudden loud noise. I knew who was making the noise without having to look. Jeremiah with his upbeat personality. He went up to my brother. He hugged Steven tight. "Dude, you have abs! Since when?" Steven asks the most stupid questions.
"I have to get ready for football." Jeremiah smiles. Steven noticed that Susannah came out of the house and went to talk to her. Jeremiah saw me. He walks up to me. We talked earlier today. "Baby, I missed you!" He exclaims. He gave me a peck and pull me in a hug. He was straddling me by the waist. "We saw each other 3 days ago. You left 3 days ago but I missed you too. Where is Con?" I ask. Jeremiah let go of me and seemed tense. "Babe, that is history. Don't be worried. I just want to talk to him. We have something to talk about. I swear, I would tell you about it right away." I assure him. That probably didn't help.
Then, Conrad walks in, finally. "I will be back. I need to talk to your brother. Just for a minute." I assure him again. He lets me go but isn't happy about it. I get closer to Conrad. "Hey, Belly. How is everything with you?" He asks calmly. "Don't pull that crap with me! You know I came over here for. Stop texting me. I am with Jere now. That was my choice. You don't get to make that choice for me. Besides, you hurt me. He is way sweet to me. Just stop." I demand.
I walk off. I was so mad. I walk up to Jeremiah and smile. His presence calmed me down. "What happened over there?" He asks me. He seemed like he felt bad for me.
"It's your brother. What doesn't happen?" He looked sorry even though he had nothing to be sorry about. "It's hard with him, I'm sorry." He sympathetically apologizes. I kiss him. "Let's go inside. You can help me unpack." He grabs my bags from the trunk and we go up to my room.
Hope you enjoy it, this was fun to make ❤️