Chapter 2 - Jeremiah's POV

We sat on the floor of Belly's room. I was so happy to see her. We haven't seen each other for days but it felt like weeks. She is the best thing other than my mom. I was so happy when we found out that she was going to live longer than we expected. Now that Belly is here, it's perfect.
"How are we doing this?" I smile at her. "Okay, so there will be a pile on your far left. Another pile on your far right. A pile in the middle and a pile in between us. You know you don't have to help me." She says.
I wanted to help more than anything. Mostly because that would give an excuse to help her. "I want to be here, with you. But, let's finish this so we can go swimming." I say. She nods her head and gives me a huge smile. I lean over and kiss her.
(20 minutes later)
I get my swimming trunks on and head downstairs. Belly was already there in a blue bikini. She never looked out in the open. I put my towel on a chair and jump into the pool. "Come on, get in!" I tell her. I was so glad that it was just us. She walks up to the pool. She sits on the edge. She gets in.
"Why is it so cold? Isn't the sun supposed to heat it?" She asks. She looked like it was cold. She started to shiver. I walk up to her. I wrapped my arms around her. She wrapped her arms around my neck. We were now hugging. I started to walk around the pool. I look up at her and kiss her. There was nothing I loved more than being here with this girl.
"What are you doing?" I hear someone say. I drop her but my right arm was wrapped around her back. It was Conrad. "Uh, well, I am swimming with Belly," I tell him. I could tell that he looked jealous. "Belly, can I talk to you, in private?" She gets out of the pool. I didn't understand what was going on with him and Belly.
This is a shorter chapter but it is good I think. Thank you for reading <3