Chapter 4 - Belly's POV

He took me to the fair where he won Junior Mint for me. "What? I can't believe this is still here." This made me so happy. I couldn't stop smiling. Before I knew it, Conrad walked to my side and opened the door. He held his hand out to help me out of his tall car. I immediately regretted putting my hand on his. "I can't believe brought me here. It's like 20 minutes for the house." I told him. He smiled at me. "This place is special to me. That is when I won Junior Mint. That is the first time I had an excuse to win you something. I didn't like that girl. I was faking it. Saying that gave me an excuse to win something for you." He tells me.
What? He liked me then?! What else is he going to shock me with? We walked up to the concession stand. I went to pull money out of my phone case but he stopped me. "I'm paying, I brought you out here." He told me. I happily nodded. I hated paying for things. We git handed wristbands and we got a stamp on our hands. He put my wristband on me and I did the same to him. He smiled at me and he grabbed my hand. He was dragging me at this point.
We ran to our signature ride. It was a spinning ride. It was like a pot and it would spin like crazy. I would be so scared but Conrad comforts me through the whole thing. We waited in line for less than 2 minutes and were on. That was the quickest we have ever gotten on. We got in the seats right beside each other. I buckled up and was ready for it to start. Someone came by to make sure that I was incorrect.
It started to go. I hadn't been here for a while so I was scared about it. I squeezed Conrad's hand for most of the ride, like always. He let me do it, like always. After 6 minutes of fun torture, it was over. I dragged him out of the ride quickly. To my surprise, I held onto his hand. Even when he was right beside me. I dragged him to another ride. We did bumper cars. We had a whole bumper car war. I loved it. He bumped me. "Oh my God. It is so on Con." I said, ramming into his car. "Bring it!" He replied.
I laughed so hard when his head fell back and forth when I rammed my car into his again. He blew me a kiss and then gave me an evil eye. I laughed because I knew he was being silly.
We got off not long after. I grabbed his hand and dragged him to a secluded area. "What are we doing over here?" Conrad asked me. I smiled at him and sat down. I patted my legs. He sat down next to me. Then, he lay down and put his head on my legs. I started to comb his hair with my fingers. "I missed doing this. Going to the fair. Why did we stop?" He asked me.
"I think because you guys thought that you were too old to go to the fair and started to do your own thing. I missed it most of all. That was when you guys did stuff with me. That was the most fun out of everything." I told him. I continued to comb through his hair. I looked into his eyes.
For a little while, we had this moment. I almost kissed him but I knew that would not be good and I would feel guilty. "We should get going soon. Jeremiah is going to worry." I say. Suddenly, my phone starts to ring. I took out the phone and it was Jeremiah. "Speaking of," I say. I answer the phone. I move his head off me and stand up. "Hey, babe. No, I'm fine. Conrad took me to the fair. Nothing happened. No, we are all good. I will be back in an hour or so. Okay, love you too." I say. I hang up and look at Conrad. He looked sad or something. "Do you want to go on some more rides?" Conrad offers. I smile that he wasn't mad that I ruined it, I don't know.
I nod and grab his hand. We ride some more ride and eat.
(3 hours later)
We are driving home. "Okay. What was your favorite part of today?" He asks. I finish eating some of the fair fries. "Being at the fair with you. That was the most fun I have had in a while." I tell him. "There is one more place that I want to go. Is it okay if we go get ice cream?" He asks. I nod very happily.
That is the perfect way to end the day. We go to the closest ice cream shop. I open the car door and get out when we get there. We meet in the middle of the front of the car. "I remember this ice cream shop. This was the first time I had ice cream. This made me in love with it. That was a fun day." I tell him. He smiles at me.
"I know, that was the best day ever. That day you looked at me like I was your hero when Steven tried to destroy it but I stopped him. I loved you so much more for that." He says. He puts his hand on my shoulder. I stand in front of him. "You know the tradition when we come here," I told him. He picked me up by the waist and spun me around. I looked into his eyes. He looked so happy to do this. Then, he put me down and dipped me.
I got back on my feet in 60 seconds. He held my hand and took me to the ordering station. "I would like a rocky road and chocolate chip cookie dough mixed." Conrad orders. "I would like a birthday cake dough ice cream, thank you," I told the server.
We sat at the table until we got our order. When it was ready, Conrad got it. "Thank you," I told him he smiled at me. He was one of the sweetest guys I have ever met. I started to dig at my ice cream so I could get a good amount of ice cream on the spoon. We chatted while we ate the ice cream. We got home 30 minutes later.