20 || Jawbreaker

Drinks on us - Mike Will Made It, The Weeknd

𝔚𝔚𝔚
Celina

Never have I ever lost to a man.

I throw back my drink, only as the rim of my glass brushes my lips, its snatched out of my hand and set on the bar in front of me.

"You must really like me with the way you're so up my ass, Kozlov." I remain cool, despite the burning fire brewing from within. Knowing I'd rather die than let him know he'd left an affect on me.

The man brushes right past me, he doesn't touch me yet his proximity sends an ounce of tension through my body. My body that's still on edge and sensitive to the slightest touch. Even as he comes to stand at my side, I feel antsy and unsatisfied.

An unoriginal mainstream song pours from the speakers, drawing most of the VIP guests to the dance floor, leaving our area relatively empty. "Tell me, something." He speaks, his shoulder brushing mine as his gaze, much like mine, remains forward. "Is your delusion a side affect of your bruised ego, or your sexual frustration?"

I'm beginning to think the hardest thing I'll ever do in my life is try not to claw out the Russians ice cold eyes. "Neither."

He responds with a low hum. "Comical."

There's no humour in his voice, aside from the air of arrogance that comes when he speaks the simple word. And an inkling tells me that's the closest I'll ever get to a genuine laugh from this emotionally inept hard ass.

I turn and order myself another drink, needing something to take the edge that's creeping into my veins off. "Last I checked, you weren't my keeper."

The bartender slides the drink over to me, only for a much large mr hand to intercept the exchange. "Yet all you've done is proven that you're unstable enough to need one."

I reach for my drink in his hand, but he moves it away from me, denying me "I can hold my liquor just fine."

Finally the man turns towards me and raises a brow, his face a cool mask of indifferent as though he hadn't been fucking me with my knife in the room upstairs moments ago. "You would have drown in my pool had I not saved you."

"That was your mistake." I smile, changing gears and reaching for my drink behind him. "You should've let me die when you had the chance."

"I'm not that generous." Smooth and controlled Adrik shrugs off my touch. "I prefer playing with you and watching you suffer. " those eyes dance between mine, it's meaning clear in the smugness of his gaze. "I'm learning that it's much more fun when you're deprived."

I forget about my drink, and narrow my eyes up at him. "Don't get too cocky. The games not nearly over yet."

I was going to get him back. I didn't quite know how, but I knew that despite his efforts to ignore it, he was attracted to me. If not for the fact that he'd been hard for me, then the fact that the man who hated touch had a knack for touching me with such ease.

His body craved mine, and he hated it. I'd use that and make him so miserable he'd be begging for my touch.

"I just love it when you speak dirty to me." I hum, taking a step forward right into his body. On cue, he tenses, but doesn't step away.