24 || The Other Man

Labyrinth, Zendaya - all for us

𝔚𝔚𝔚
Celina

"Boyfriend?"

The word is delivered with distaste as the old Italian deadbeat eyes said boyfriend like his existence is an insult in itself.

And then his eyes soften slightly as they move to me, yet still hold an ounce of disapproval. "You never told me about a boyfriend."

I make an effort to withhold an eye roll, but fail miserably. "Avevo un ragazzo alle tue spalle, tu sei andato e hai avuto una famiglia dietro la mia." The condescending smile gracing my lips drops, allowing the pure hatred to seep in. (Italian| I had a boyfriend behind your back, you went and had a family behind mine.)

Face scrunching up, the old man looks to the ground in what I can only assume to be shame.

Good.

And as though, Adrik realises this interaction has the potential to fuck in our entire plan,  he turns to speak to Silvio, "Vattene o ti faccio." Threat apparent, he doesn't bother leaving any room for argument with the finality of his statement. (Italian| Leave or I'll make you)

Like a bull resiting the urge to charge, Silvio throws a desperate glance my way, but I don't budge and with a lingering glance that tells me he's not done with me, he decides to head back out into the party, leaving us with our unwanted guests.

And the moment he does leave, I turn back to the part of my life I kept separate for a reason.

My university life was my comfort place. There, I controlled the narrative, how people viewed me, what people knew of me- which was little to nothing.  And most importantly, got to work towards achieving true authentic power.

Hana Lim, the girl I was using for her fathers political connections and Sebastian Morrison, the boy I was using to get close to the prime minister of the U.K- who happened to be his mother, were not supposed to be here.

This fucked up the life I was looking forward to getting back to after I got over all this shit here.

"I can't believe my best friend is getting married and she didn't tell me about it."

Tears.

Hana's eyes begin to fill with tears, something I despise the shit out of and I suddenly have the urge to scream in frustration.

"I lost my phone." I grit, plastering a look of remorse on my face. "I had an invite sent to your apartment in London."

"Oh." She sniffles, "It must have gotten lost in the mail."

"Yeah..." I drag out, before eyeing her face in distaste. "Stop crying."

"Okay." The overly emotional girl speaks timidly as she wipes her eyes and sends a smile my way. "I knew you'd never do that to me. I'm sorry for assuming the worst, you must feel like shit now."

"I'll survive." I offer dryly.

Continuing on the spur of damage control, my gaze moves to Seb who takes a step right up into my personal space, and cradles my face in his hands, "Is this because I slept with that girl from your ethics class?" He whispers in a voice low enough for just us to hear. "I swear she didn't mean anything-"