𝗼𝐧𝐞.

FIRST day of junior year and Serenity was already dreading it

FIRST day of junior year and Serenity was already dreading it. Everyone she knew had told her that junior year is the worst year, and she could already feel how true that was by just walking into the building.

It's the year of SAT's, college prep, the year that colleges really look at your grades, and the year before you graduate. Meaning you're almost there, but not quite yet. How patronizing is that?

Serenity was placing her things in her locker before having to head to the gym for the annual school assembly, when a very wide smiled Astrid and tired looking Mckenna, who was being dragged by her wrist by Astrid, came rushing into her line of vision.

"What is wrong with you?" Serenity raised her eyebrows. "Why are you lugging Mckenna around like a dog on a leash?"

"Because she hates me." Mckenna deadpanned.

"Because I have news." Astrid bounced on the balls of her feet with a smile, ignoring Mckenna's comment.

"Well can you calm down? The first warning bell hasn't even rung yet, and you look like you're trying to reenact the Bet on It scene in High School Musical." Serenity told her as she put the last of her books away and closed her locker.

"Oh, I was thinking more along the lines of Move from Dreamgirls." Mckenna commented.

"That one's so much better honestly." Serenity agreed.

"Ha ha so funny." Astrid stopped bouncing around and glared at her two friends.

"We're kidding, now what's this news you were talking about before?" Mckenna asked.

"Okay, brace yourselves people..." Astrid trailed off for suspense, making the two roll their eyes.

"Why do we let her tell stories? She always does that." Mckenna turned to Serenity who sighed.

"I don't know, but it has got to stop."

"Ricky and Nini broke up!" Astrid finally announced which made Mckenna and Serenity's jaws drop.

"They what?"

"They were still together?"

Astrid rolled her eyes, "Yes Kenna, they were very much still dating, welll up until five minutes ago."

"How do you know this?" Serenity asked.

"Nini's locker is next to mine and the whole time she was there, she just kept telling her friend, Kourtney, that she met some new guy while she was at that music camp." Astrid explained.

"So you were eavesdropping on that poor girl's conversation." Mckenna pointed out.

"Yes." Astrid nodded before shrugging. "If you don't want me to hear it, don't have your secret meeting at the lockers."