𝐭𝐰𝗼.

"NO I REFUSE

"NO I REFUSE." Serenity shook her head for the umpteenth time as she walked into the cafeteria with her two friends in tow.

"Come on, Serenity." Mckenna sighed. "We quite literally have no choice, but to do it."

"Nope."

The three girls had spent the whole morning discussing on how they were going to handle their little "predicament". Mckenna and Astrid had agreed on what they thought they should do, but Serenity needed a little bit more convincing.

"Do you really think that it is worth it to get in trouble over missing a stupid assembly?" Astrid asked the girl as they sat down at a table for lunch.

"It's better than having to audition for the musical." Serenity said. "It's literally called High School Musical: The Musical. A bit much if you ask me."

"Who cares about the name?" Astrid scoffed. "Ren, it's either detention for the first week of school that'll sit on your permanent record—"

"The whole permanent record thing is so not real."

"—Or just do a five minute audition after school for a musical."

"It's not gonna kill you." Mckenna told her.

"Guys we have no time to commit to a musical." Serenity mentioned. "We practice after school every day, take multiple vocal and dance classes a week. We don't have room in our schedules to be apart of these things. Why do you think you had to quit jazz band, Kenna? Or the kickline team, Astrid? Our other commitments always get in the way."

"Well, if that's the case, how do you plan on attending detention all week if we have all of our other commitments?" Mckenna challenged.

"How do you think your mom will react when she finds out you missed rehearsal because you got detention over skipping an assembly?" Astrid added.

Serenity opened her mouth to respond before closing it as she realized she didn't have an answer.

"Exactly."

"Face it, this is the better option, the only option." Mckenna stated before Astrid started gasping next to her. "What is wrong with you?"

"Nini and music dude!" Astrid whisper yelled to her friends who gave her confused looks. "The guy she broke up with Ricky for!"

"Yes we remember, why is it relevant?" Serenity furrowed her eyebrows.

"Because she's currently canoodling with said music dude right now!" Astrid nodded her head in the direction making the two girls look as well and inevitably gasping just as their friend had done before.

"She's dating EJ Caswell?!" Mckenna gawked.

"Go her, that man is so cute." Serenity commented.

"How does she do it? First, Ricky Bowen and now EJ Caswell? She's gifted." Astrid sighed as her two friends laughed.