5

The day of the first match finally came. Everybody gathered to the arena where the match was to be held. Nefertari arrived a bit later compared to the others. 

"My, my why did my precious daughter come-" Nefertari just walked past her mother and sisters towards her eldest and only brother Shu and sat besides him. It was an old habit of hers to cling to her brother whenever she was in a sour mood. 

"Looks like she's still angry at us." Ra sweat drops looking at her precious daughter clinging to her elder brother while not sparing them a glance or a greeting. "She has grown to be even more sensitive since she returned from her vacation." Bastet point out. "Only Shu can handle and cool her temper. He seems to be her favorite." Hathor pouts. "Ofcourse, why wouldn't he be? He spoils the heck out of her. They're undoubtedly each others favorite." Tefnut says.

"The match to determine the King of Egypt will now take place. there will be a total of three matches, and the God who wins two or more matches shall be recognized as the rightful King of Egypt. The events will be chosen by drawing lots from the vase right here."

Maat ushered to the large vase besides her. The top of the vase slid itself open and a scroll sprints out and hovers towards her hand. She undid the tie and spreads out the paper, reading it's content.

"The first event will be.... underwater breath-holding!"

The Gods present groaned and voiced out their disagreements but Maat quickly silenced them. 

As the Gods were busy complaining about the task to themselves Horus grew alert when the sand beneath him started moving which dragged and dunked him to the river when Seth rode a magnificent chariot pulled by sand beasts.

.

..

...

"How worrisome."

Nut muttered to herself. It's been a few minutes since the contest started and the contestants submerged into the water. Isis noticing her mother's uneasiness made her confused.

"Shu, God of air is protecting him, so breathing shouldn't be a problem.." Isis says figuring out that her mother must be overthinking again.

"Are you?" Nefertari looks up to her brother who gives a small nod.

"They were only told the one who would hold their breath the longest would win. There were no other rules."

Just as Nut said, a huge splash came gaining everybody's attention and worrying Isis.

"B-But mother! Horus can just use your powers! no matter how strong Seth may be, it won't be easy for him to win under the sky..."

"Pftt.." Nefertari lets out a chuckle gaining their attention. "My lovely Isis... your son may be protected by my brother and blessed by your mother. But don't you think you're forgetting something?" she asks confusing Isis. "What is it?" she asks.

"There is no sky underwater."

Nefertari and Nut says. Isis realizing this collapses to the ground. Bastet who was nearby helps Isis back to her seat and went back to the flood plain to see what was happening.

Nefertari who pretended to look uninterested in things happening in her surrounding didn't miss the sudden change in the river and surely didn't miss the small interaction between Isis and Khnum.

"Hapi.." she called out. "Yes, how may I serve the beautiful Mistress of the East?" he asks appearing besides her. "Change the Nile." she commands. "As the Mistress of the East wishes." and like that Hapi disappears. 

Meanwhile

"Uncle's lips taste like strawberries and rose..... It's delicious" Horus is lost in his thoughts when he gets alerted by the sudden change in water.

"Isis! It must be Isis!" Seth who was getting dragged around by the water current of the Nile. But it soon came to halt confusing both Horus and Seth. Seth could sense Khnum's divinity easily being overpowered by the divinity of Hapi.

"Hapi?..... Ahh.." Seth smirks knowing it was his Nefertari who did it. Hapi has been loyal to Nefertari ever since she was made the Mistress of the East.  

Nefertari noticed the change in the river and smiled knowing Hapi had done his work. Isis looked shocked as she noticed the change in water as well. Nefertari just smirked looking at Isis's confused and shocked expression.

"This isn't the battle between just you and Seth, Isis."

Just then, the ground rumbled and on the other side of the river, a huge wave of sand approached and moved in the water. 

"I'm not letting you or anyone strip the title of 'The Queen of Egypt' from me. And this can be only done if Seth is the victor."

~Later~

After a short break, the Gods and the opponents gathered to the temple where Maat would announce the winner.

"The winner of the first round has been decided. The winner of the first match is Seth, the God of War and the Desert." 

she announces as Seth who stood there proudly smirking with the unconscious and drenched Horus sprawled on the ground. All the Gods looked at Horus with eyes of pity except for the three Gods.

"Don't you see Ennead? No matter how much all of you combine your powers, its still no use against me!!"

Seth announced to everybody present in the court. With that the first match ended with Seth winning. Although Seth has gaining one win Isis was more than sure that Horus would gain the other two wins. And if not Isis would interfere and take matters in her own hands which Nefertari wouldn't allow in her watch.

"Go ahead and laugh all you want Seth." Isis glared.

"Isis, I know exactly what's going in your head. Back out when I'm giving you a chance, don't try to take what's mine or else you'll anger me."

.

..

...

"Seth!!" Nefertari practically threw herself on Seth who caught her surprised. Her room was filled with music and few of her clones dancing with shisha and wine on the table.

Nefertari removes his headdress revealing his long red hair and blood red eyes. A smile gracing her lips as she sees her king's face without the headdress. "Nefert? Are you drunk by any chance?" Seth asks to which Nefertari who had her arms around his neck swaying lets out a laugh. "I am the Goddess of wine, I possibly can't get drunk silly." she says.

"You're the silly one." he says. "Am I?" she asks the smile still not leaving her lips as she swayed back knowing Seth won't let go of her waist letting her fall. "Yes... you are." he says in a low voice before placing soft kisses on her neck.

"Congratulations Seth." she kisses him while untying his neck jewelry as his hands make their way towards her hair. Relishing the taste of her lips which were still sweet from the strawberries she had earlier and her rouge made with roses.