🖤3: ᴄᴀɴᴅʟᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛ🖤

The child is kept close to the fireplace to keep her warm, and her gentle snores are the only sound in the dark, cozy room. His attention is drawn to the large blanket draped around her dangerously skinny body, which he hasn't used in almost three hundred years. Moving his six eyes, he virtually counts the dimly illuminated freckles that sprinkle her nose without moving a muscle in his body. The previous evening, he brought her here, but all she did was sleep. But he couldn't hold it against her. He was, however, beginning to worry. What if she didn't awaken? He is aware that he must go after the sun has completely down in order to provide her the essentials, particularly food, but he doesn't want to leave her here by herself. Her unusual blood would endanger not just her life but also his. All demons will be aware of his existence, so if they spot a human in the home of the upper moon, Muzan will ponder.

He directs his attention to his covered window, where he sees a little aperture that faces the wall and the stunning colors of the setting sun. He must get ready for his brief absence, but something within of him forbids him from doing so just yet. He finds it frustrating because he doesn't understand why. He searches for a connection to his usual thinking in order to understand where all of this is coming from, but he is at a loss. Actually, they're both fortunate. She would be six feet beneath if another demon discovered her. He is also lucky since he claims to have experienced similar emotions previously in human life.

He sighs softly as he slowly rises from the cold floor as the hues from his window abruptly vanish. He carefully knelt down and made sure to leave his scent on her as he softly rubbed his palm over her back. He has never done this before, but he still has his lock that he can use on his door. He hardly even knows this kid, yet he immediately forbids another demon from coming to take her. When that image ran through his mind, it would be an understatement to say that he would be furious. He pauses and muses about another idea before opening his front door. He can only have the utmost faith in Akaza among the demons. After all, he doesn't hurt women. Furthermore, she is a child as well. He dismissed it and opened his door to provide her fresh clothing and food. Before shutting and locking his door, he gives her frail sleeping form one more look.

The child wriggles next to the fire, causing the blanket covering her little body to slip off. Since the demon removed her from her previous residence, her level of physical and emotional suffering has significantly diminished. She speculates whether her father returned home to an empty house. Perhaps he believed that a demon was to blame for her death, but there isn't any blood on the floor, so that can't be true. Her clothing was the only thing that was stained by the small hand wound. She was content that he was no longer forced to interact with that man, though.

Slowly opening, her white eyes are alert to the heat of the fire on her back. Despite the fact that she can't see any physical objects, she lifts her weak body up and scans her surroundings. "Mister?" She chirps, hoping that the large man can hear her, but she gets no reaction. This makes her nervous, and she starts to shake a little as her head whips about in the hope of spotting a tiny gleam of light. She tries to stand up but falls because her body is too weak to support her weight. Tears sparkle in her glossy eyes. She clings her knees, crying steadily louder.

Her heart leaps in her chest at the sudden poof. She nearly believed that her heart would stop beating as it started to burn. A flickering light can be seen dancing back and forth in the distance as she quickly turns her head towards a table. She cocks her head towards the familiar light before gently making her way there on all fours. She is seated in front of it, gazing at it with intrigue. Although the image in front of her warm face is fuzzy, she is nonetheless delighted by the peaceful aroma and lovely light. She is enamored with the sight and eager to see more. All because of him, the candlelight is beautiful.

"You're beautiful, Mabel."

~
~~
~~~

🖤Secrets/Extras🖤

~Yoriichi figured out her name was Mabel because it was written in a journal he found that was written by her deceased mom

~Mabel isn't Japanese, that's why her blood smells different

~The blanket that Kokushibo let Mabel use belonged to Yoriichi

~Muzan already knows about Mabel's existence, but didn't bother doing anything because he trusted Kokushibo more then any demon

~Akaza sneezed when Kokushibo thought about him

~Kokushibo let Mabel use Yoriichi's old clothes since they seem more comfortable on her

~Yoriichi was happy about this

~He's now jealous of his brother (just a little)

~The candle that Yoriichi lit was a lavender scented candle, that's why Mabel was quick to calm down.

~When Yoriichi saw her reaction, he almost fainted from her cuteness