𝕿𝖜𝖔

"𝘼𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚'𝙨 𝙖 𝙙𝙖𝙯𝙯𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙝𝙖𝙯𝙚, 𝙖 𝙢𝙮𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙤𝙪𝙨 𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙧

𝙃𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙄 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪 20 𝙨𝙚𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙙𝙨 𝙤𝙧 20 𝙮𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙨?"

🀢 🀣 🀥

After realizing that I would probably be lost in this school if I tried to find the admissions office, I went back outside and sat on a bench near a huge oak tree. Putting my leather bag down, I looked up to see a slender framed girl with long brown hair nervously walking up to the bench.

"Hey, I'm Allison. Are you Ariel Martin?" She awkwardly asked, looking around as if this was the last place she wanted to be.

'Am I the only person who doesn't look like a model at this school?' I thought to myself, noticing her slender frame and long eyelashes which compliment her fair skin.

"Yeah, I'm Ariel. You're the other new student right?"

Allison nods with a relieved look on her face, "Yes. Thank goodness," She sits down next to me. I gladly made more room for her happy for the new company, "I was so scared that I would be all alone on my first day."

"Well don't worry," I smile at her, moving my hair behind my ear, "You have me. And my sister, who I'll totally introduce you to later. If you like?"

Allison eagerly nods, "Yes, that would be amazing," she looks around before confusedly asking, "Why isn't she here."

"Oh," I laugh realizing how odd it must sound to not have my sister with me for the new student tour, "I'm sorry. No, she is already a student here. My parents divorced two years ago and in the custody arrangement I was sent to live with my dad and his new wife in Canada, but then after a year I decided it was time to come back," I falter when I realize how I completely or shared with a stranger.

"I'm sorry," Allison frowned.

"It's okay," I awkwardly smile, "I just want my mom and dad to be happy. And I'm back now so it's fine."

A ringtone breaks the silence, causing both of us to jump.

Allison quickly sent me a sorry expression before answering her phone, "Hello...Mom, three calls on my first day is a little overdoing it," Allison said before reaching into her bag and to look inside, "Everything except for a pen. Oh my god, I didn't actually forget a pen."

Allison frowned turning to me, "Do you have an extra pen?"

I go to look in my bag to see if I have a pen or pencil that I could spare but much t my surprise I can't seem to find my pencil pouch, "You have got to be kidding me."

"Wha...No, I was talking to my new friend, Ariel...No, she is new...Yes...Okay, I will...Promise. Love you. Bye!" Allison yells into her phone with a smile before hanging up.

Alsion turned to her new friend with a smile, "Mom says hi."

I laugh before saying, "Tell her I said hello, too."

Allison nods before looking up at the man, I assumed he was our principal.

"You two must be our new students, Allison and Ariel?"

"Yes, sir," I stood up from the bench, grabbing my bag and putting it on my shoulder.

"Sorry to keep you waiting, I'm the Vice Principal," he smiles, shaking hand with both of us, "Welcome back, Ariel. Allison. You were saying San Francisco isn't where you grew up?"

"No, but we lived there for more than a year, which is unusual in my family," Allison answered, as we began walking.

"Well, hopefully, Beacon Hills will be your last stop for a while," He smiled before stopping in front of one of the doors. The friends both gave each other nervous glances before walking through the door together.

"Class, these are our new students, Allison Argent and Ariel Martin. Please do your best to make them feel welcomed," the Vice Principal introduced Allison and I causing us both to awkwardly stand at the front of the class. I hate being the new kid.

I loathe when teachers forced the obligatory introduction to new students. Nothing makes you more uncomfortable than having a bunch of strangers stare at you with bored expression. As my eyes scanned the room, howeve, I was pleasantly shocked by Puppy Dog Eyes from this morning sitting next to a cute guy with a buzzcut, who seemed to be drooling at something behind me. I turned to look and see what could have caught his attention but all I saw was the blank chalkboard. Weird.

Allison and I moved to take our seats in the back once we awkwardly said our names to the class. I chose to sit behind the Buzzcut Boy while Allison sat behind Puppy Dog Eyes.

Taking out my books, I watched as Allison got a pen from Puppy Dog Eyes. I didn't miss the way Allison's cheeks heated up once he turned around, fiddling with the pen in her fingers with a giddy look on her face. I waved my hand to catch Allison's attention before wiggling my brows suggestively over at the two of them. Watching as Allison's face turned a nice hue of beet red before she shook her head, knowing exactly what I was implying.

I scoffed at her obvious denial for her feelings. I doubt they won't be together by the end of the year.

Turning back to look in front, I tap the guy's shoulders, hoping he may be kind enough to loan me a pen as well. As he turned to look at me, I smiled preparing to ask for a pen before I was caught off guard by his eyes. A warm Bourbon whiskey color that reminded me of honey in the way that it seems to melt into his iris.

My mouth felt dry as I suddenly forgot what I was going to ask him, trying and failing to think of anything that may help me look normal. I was struct as if my lightening by his looks, as my eyes slowly began to fall from his eyes to the small moles freckling his face, as I wondered what it would be like if I reached out to connect them together like stars in a constellation. My fingers tingled at the thought.

Allison cleared her throat breaking me out of my teenage reverie as I forced myself to form a coherent sentence, but I continued to gape like a fish. Luckily he didn't seem to notice how much I was struggling to collect myself at that moment as he simply stared at me with an odd look on his face. What if he thought I was acting weird?

The thought alone was enough to finally push me to say "I'm sorry. I..um, can I borrow a pen?"

See. That wasn't too hard Ariel. Just had to get it out that's all. Letting out a deep breath I didn't know I was holding, I watch as he nods his head at me, not moving for a second until finally, he seemed to snap forward rushing to grab the pencil on his desk and give it to me with a big grin on his face, making him look absolutely adorable.

I smiled, trying to stop my heart from beating out of my chest as I carefully took the pencil from him. Just as I was about to pull away out finger's brushed and I swear my entire face went warm as a rush of energy went through my veins straight to my heart which seemed to stutter in my chest.

My mouth fell open as a small thank you fell from my lips. I didn't wait for him to say anything back as I quickly broke the gaze we were holding and looked up at the teacher who was beginning class, praying to calm myself down before the cute guy in front of me thought I was a freak.

"We'll begin with Kafka's Metamorphosis, on page 133."