𝖅𝖊𝖗𝖔

"𝙒𝙚𝙡𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚

𝙏𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚'𝙨 𝙣𝙤 𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠"

____________________________________________________________

The stereo was blaring Lana Del Ray as she danced around her room, unpacking poetry collections from the dull cardboard box labeled books. Carefully stacking them on the bookshelf near her desk, Ariel Martin lightly swayed her hips to the catchy beat. Turning around the teenager grabbed her book collections by the Brontë sisters, taking extra care of the vintage edition of Wuthering Heights, she bought last year.

Humming along to Carmen, Ariel put away the last few books before moving the empty box to the stack along with the others she had already unpacked. With a sigh of relief, the brunette looked at the half-finished room, lightly wiping away the light sheen of sweat on her forehead. Pausing the music blasting from the speakers, in time to hear a small knock on her door, which was also decorated with an ornate dreamcatcher.

Turning the knob, Ariel was greeted by the familiar sight of her older twin sister, Lydia Martin, "Need help, sister?" She smirked, tapping her red nails, on the doorway before inviting herself in, "I mean you just got back three hours ago and we've only spent thirty minutes together on the car ride here."

Ariel's pink lips formed into a small frown, realizing that she had spent any time with her only sister. The entire reason she had returned to Beacon Hills in the first place.

"I'm sorry, Lyds," the younger sister replied, using her classic puppy dog eyes on Lydia, praying she would forgive her.

With a roll of her eyes, Lydia caved, "Fine. Just stop with the puppy dog eyes, please," She smiled before opening the box labeled bedding and taking out the white sheets and the matching duvet before tossing one side to Ariel so they could begin making my bed.

"Are you just going to stare at me or are you going to help me make your bed?"

Ariel smiled before grabbing the other side and beginning to drape the sheets over her mattress.

As they finished decorating her bed they began catching up with each other. Ariel couldn't help but be glad she was back with her sister. She decided that after spending a year away with their dad in Canada. She needed to be with her twin sister.

Lydia smirked, jumping on top of the bed, "Done."

The twin that radiated innocence laughed at her sister, "Hardly."

"We have done enough," Lydia shrugged, picking at her cuticles, before looking up to her younger sister, "Plus, I want some time to catch up. What was Canada like? Were the guys hot?"

Ariel laughed slightly shaking her head at her sister's ways, "I think I was too busy on the slopes to even think about boys."

Lydia scoffed, "Well, lucky for you, that is going to change."

"Speaking of change," Lydia pursed her lips, "I think this year is going to be all about plaid for Miss Ariel Martin."

The chocolate-haired Martin twin laughed, "Whatever you say, Lyds."

Lydia nodded, "I swear, this year is going to be the one that changes everything for both of us. Jackson and I are the power couple. You are back. Nothing could go wrong."

The petite Martin rolled her eyes as she began to put away her clothes, "Right because you can tell the future. I for-"

ah ah ah ahhh

Ariel looked up from the dresser where she had been storing her jeans before shutting the drawer, "Did you hear that," she asked turning to her sister who was beginning to decorate her wall with the photos the younger twin had taken from traveling.

Lydia looked at Ariel in confusion, "What are you talking about? All I hear is your crappy record player blaring the Beatles."

Ariel lightly scoffed although her voice was so soft that it sounded more like a laugh, "For your information, my record player isn't crappy it is vintage, and second I swear I heard something."

Lydia shrugged her shoulders before pulling a typewriter from Ariel's box, "I swear you and Betty Cooper share the same bedroom."

Ariel wrinkled her nose, "Betty Cooper is a cartoon."

Lydia shrugged, placing the typewriter down on my desk, before continuing to tell her sister about what she missed when she was absent. Ariel bit her lip, sitting down on her window seat to look at the full moon, unable to think about anything else other than that sound.

ah ah ah ahhhh