Chapter 7 - Ich liebe dich

I arrived at the hospital, the paint has all dried, should be safe to touch. 

I went to the hospital reception, and as usual, they sent me to Rui's room. I've kind of became a regular visitor, visiting Rui every once in a while. But today, I feel different, I have an urge to say say something to him, it's not telling him happy birthday, I want to confess my love to him... Wait what?

Why am I feeling this, feeling as if I have feeling for him... Maybe I already do, but I couldn't tell til now. Do I confess it now, even though he couldn't hear it?

I'm lost in thought, but then I noticed a silhouette of what I assume is a girl because of the long hair, but I can't see anyone. I heard a sound, the sound of a bird's wing flapping. Maybe the silhouette is just of a bird? No, I was sure it's a girl that I saw, then, a feather landed in Rui's bed, one in my lap. The feather has a distinct red glow despite being white

I thought to myself how it's weird, but maybe it's a sign. My heart is racing, my face feels warm. What should I say? What should I do? I pondered, not knowing what to do. It's getting a bit late, I should leave.

I left, knowing I haven't done a move yet. Maybe next time.

I saw a cafe on the way, I should grab a quick snack.

Turns out this cafe is ran by An's father, I had a chat with An, she taught me a word in another language, the meaning... Maybe I can try that tomorrow.

I had a weird dream, I saw Rui, then got taken away by some mages. Then I got saved by Rui.

In the morning, I went straight to the plan, going to the flower shop, I bought a freeze dried red rose, so I don't have to bring a new one every three days. Should I say it now?

Despite knowing he wouldn't hear me, I kissed his forehead and said it.

"Ich liebe dich"

______________________________________________

Sora's notes

Ich liebe dich means 'I love you' in German

the same word An taught Tsukasa

along with that and the forehead kiss is a reference to this

and the feather references fu hua from honkai

help i played too much honkai 3rd

It took me a while to finish this chapter and I want to thank you guys for waiting