Ding. Ding. Ding.

The order station continuously dings as more delivery orders come in. Of course on the day that our delivery guys are out, we get the most delivery orders.

I finish packing the noodles and chicken into the bag and hand it to the customer behind the counter, taking the money and putting it straight into the register.

"Have a nice day!" I say to her and she smiles and leaves the restaurant. I sigh and brush the loose strands of hair out of my face. There's so much to do today since half out our staff is out with the flu right now, so my boss told me she'd pay me double for working this shift. I don't know if it's worth it though because of what I've had to deal with today.

So far, I've had a customer complain because our food is too expensive, a mom bought her son ice cream and he dropped it causing a big commotion, and another customer threw up in the middle of the dining area. Luckily our janitors aren't sick because I wouldn't be able to clean that up without throwing up myself.

I walk to the order station and take a look. There are six orders to make and get delivered to these people. Reluctantly, I walk into the kitchen and prepare them, package them, and tell my boss I'm going out for deliveries. She allows me to go and I take the company car from the back parking lot.

I drive to each of the customer's houses and drop their food off, earning a smile and a thank you from all of them.

Once I get back to the restaurant, the dining area is all cleared except for three families. My coworker, Jake, smiles at me when he sees how relieved I am at seeing everything practically empty.

"Jake, how did you do that?" I ask him and he smiles again.

"It was no big deal. I just served them, made sure nobody killed each other, and they all paid and left silently." I stare at him with my mouth gaping open in shock.

"I think I'm just bad luck. I attract more customers and with more customers comes more chaos." I yawn and lean against the counter.

"But with more customers, you make more money too. You aren't all bad luck," he says. I laugh and look down at my watch. I see that my shift ends in only ten more minutes.

"Oh thank goodness. Our shift ends soon so we can go home," I say. "I'm exhausted from today."

"It was so busy today and I don't know why. It's normally only like half of this on the weekends," he says and stares into the distance.

"I know, it was packed today," I say and think about what day today could be to cause this. I can't think of anything, so I just give up.

All of the families come up to the ragister to pay and Jake handles them.

"I hope you had a nice meal! Please come again!" He smiles brightly, causing the younger girls in the families to giggle and whisper to each other. They leave and now all that's left to do is wait for 8:00 to hit. We normally have to close up too, but our manager is here since we're short staffed and she told us that she'll handle closing up.

I watch the clock tick tick tick by until it finally lands on 8:00. We leave in our respective cars and go home.

As I exit my car and lock the door, I hear faint yelling in the distance. I figure some parent is just yelling at their kid to listen or pet to come back, so I don't think anything of it.

I walk inside the darkness of my house and there's an eerie silence. I shiver and turn the kitchen light on. Nothing. I turn on the living room light. Also nothing. I assume I'm being paranoid, so I turn the lights off and head straight upstairs to my bedroom.

The door creaks open and I feel a light breeze hit my face. My bedside lamp is already on, yet nobody is there.

I walk further into the room and look through the window. Nothing is there either. This is weird. I never leave lights on or windows open when I leave the house.

All of a sudden, the bedroom door creaks behind me. I turn around quickly and see a tall, slim figure standing there. Some moonlight shines on his face and I see an expression of fear plastered on it while he looks from the window to me and back. I open my mouth to scream but he puts his finger up to his mouth, telling me to stay quiet.

I do and he walks forward and leans out the window slightly, looking to the right. He comes back in and closes it along with the curtains. Now he turns to look at me.

"Sorry for the... unexpected intrusion. I had an issue that I needed to get out of," the man says.

(A/N : I know that lots of people are waiting for another chapter of "You're All I Need," but I felt inclined to write something new, and I would like your feedback on it! It's definitely a very different kind of book and I've never tried writing anything quite like it, so I'm excited! Please make sure to tell me what you think so I know if I should continue it! This also may have slower updates because I am also in school, leaving me with virtually no free time. However, I will get to writing as soon as I have time! I hope you like this and remember to vote if you did! Have a great day/night!! <3 )