2

"Sorry for the... unexpected intrusion. I had an issue that I needed to get out of," the man says. He walks towards me.

"Who are you?" I ask, backing up as he moves closer.

"I probably shouldn't tell you that for your own good," he repeats and takes another slow step forward.

"Who are you?" I ask again, not accepting anything but his name and description.

"I already told you, I-"

"Tell me who you are or you have to leave!" I yell. "And don't come any closer!" I say as I bump into the wall.

"Shh! Okay, okay. I'll tell you who I am. But you have to be quiet. And you have to promise me some things," he says, staying still.

"What do I have to promise?" I ask.

He hesitates for a second before speaking, as if he is rethinking whether or not he should say anything to me.

His stance makes me feel a bit uneasy, like he's going to attack me or somtheing. Then again, this could just be me overthinking everything. Just in case I could be in danger, I put my hands behind my back and inconspicuously take my phone out of my back pocket. I hold the phone in the right position to have it ready to dial 911 if I need it.

"Okay. First, I need you to promise not to call the police or anyone else. Nobody can know I'm here," he says. That confuses me. Why does he have to be so secretive?

"Why do you need to stay hidden?" I ask him, making him think again of what to tell me.

"I just have to hide from some people. That's all. It's nothing bad," he says nonchalantly.

"Who?" I ask once again.

"Why do you have so many questions?" he sighs, exasperated.

"I came home from work and a random guy is standing in my bedroom! Why wouldn't I have questions?" I yell. He runs over to me and covers my mouth with his hand. He hovers over me for a second before I push him away. "Don't touch me!"

"Shh! I won't touch you if you be quiet! If you're too loud, this is going to get dangerous for both of us..." he says and walks over to the window. He pulls the curtains to the side and looks out for a second before closing them again.

"Fine... I'll whisper."

"I just need a place to stay for a few days. That's all. After that, I'll leave forever," he explains.

I think for a second. Maybe helping this guy won't be the worst idea. He doesn't seem like he wants anything from me except shelter.

After thinking for a few minutes, I agree to his conditions.

"Okay. I won't tell anyone you're here. You can sleep in the guest room for however long you need. But you have to help me with some things as payment," I say.

"Like what?" He asks me, confused.

"Like... doing the dishes and helping cook dinner. And you have to wash your own laundry. And on the weekends, you'll have to clean the guest room because I clean every weekend to keep my house nice. I'll go out and get things you need so you don't have to leave," I explain. He nods in understanding.

"Deal," he says and holds his hand out. I shake his hand and feel that his hand is way bigger than mine is. I know I have small hands, but compared to his, mine feel like a child's. I let go of his hand and bring him to where he's going to sleep.

"Here's the guest room," I say and open the door at the end of the hallway to reveal a clean, neat bedroom that I never use unless Jake or my family comes over which is basically never.

He walks in and looks around. He looks in the closet and sees some empty hangers and a few hoodies that Jake left here over the years. There's a few plain white T-shirts that he's left also.

"You're welcome to wear whatever you find in here," I tell him.

"Who's is it? Your boyfriend's?" He asks, studying one of the hoodies.

"No, my best friend. He comes over every once in a while and he has a habit of leaving things here. I just keep it all and if he asks where it went, I'll give it back," I explain and he nods. "Are you hungry?" I ask him, wondering if he's eaten lately since he seemed to be on the run.

"Actually, I am a little bit," he says and hangs the hoodie back up and closes the closet.

"Come downstairs. I'll make you something," I say. He follows me down the stairs and into the kitchen when I hear a knock on the door.

He freezes and looks at the door. I look back at him and gesture him to hide while I see who's at the door.

"No, you could get hurt!" He whisper yells.

"I don't want you to get hurt! Just go and hide. I'll be fine," I say. He reluctantly goes back upstairs and I wait until I hear the bedroom door close.

Another knock on the door and someone yells.

"Open the door or we'll have to break it down!" A man shouts. I open it and look up to see two policemen standing there.

"Yes, can I help you, officers?" I say nicely.

"Are you and everyone here okay? We got a 911 call from this address," they say and I see two police cars and an ambulance on the road in front of my house.

"There must have been a mistake, sir. I didn't call 911." They look at each other questioningly.

"Do you mind if we come in and take a look just to make sure?" They ask me.

"Sorry, I don't just let people into my house. I promise that nobody is in trouble here. I'm the only person that lives here. It has to have been a mistake," I explain.

"Okay, sorry for bothering you, ma'am. We'll be going now. Have a nice night," they say and get back in their cars and drive away. I close and lock the door behind me and the guy comes back downstairs.

"Are they gone?" He whispers from the staircase.

"Yes, you can come back down now."

"I thought you said you weren't going to call 911..." he says.

"I didn't! It must have been a mis..." I look at my phone. It is on the emergency call page. "It must've happened when you covered my mouth and pushed me against the wall. I promised that I wouldn't do that. And I mean it," I tell him.

"Okay. Just be more careful from now on," he says and I hit his shoulder.

"Shut up," I laugh a little. I see a small smile grow on his face. I turn around and walk into the kitchen when I realize that I had started to smile too.

"Come sit at the table in the kitchen. I'll make something to eat," I say, turning the kitchen light on.

(A/N : Another chapter hehe :) I hope you all are liking this so far! I am enjoying writing this a lot! Hopefully I can update You're All I Need tomorrow for everyone who likes that one also. Anyway, if you enjoyed it, please remember to vote and have a great day/night!)