Minji POV:

"Finally, I can go home," I say, sighing and taking my apron off.

"Wanna have a movie night?" Jake asks me with a big smile plastered on his face.

"Sorry, Jake. I'm too tired tonight. Maybe another night?" I say. His smile fades and he nods.

"Okay. Sleep well tonight, Minji," he says, hugging me.

"You too," I reply. We both close the restaurant and leave at the same time, driving down different roads to go to our houses.

I unlock the front door quietly, not wanting to wake Riki up if he's sleeping already. I enter the house to complete darkness, which is unusual. Usually there's at least a lamp on or something. Maybe he just already went up to bed.

I walk upstairs and open the door to the guest bedroom.

Unlike what I was expecting, the bed is made and he isn't there.

"Riki?" I whisper. No response. I run down the stairs and look in the kitchen, hoping to see him at the table, but I only find a small white paper folded in half.

I pick it up and open it.

I'm sorry for leaving on such a short notice. But it is just time for me to leave. Please don't come looking for me. I'll be fine. Thank you for everything, Minji. I'll never forget you.

- Riki

There's a small, damp spot next to his name. He must have been crying while writing this.

But why did he go? And especially without telling me goodbye in person. Something must've happened to him. Something so bad that he had to leave.

I run upstairs and to my bedroom. I assume he went through my bedroom window since it's unlocked.

I open it and look out. He isn't there.

I step onto the roof and look around for any indication to which direction he went in. Again, I see nothing.

I go back in, lock the window, and close the curtains.

I decide not to think too much about it until after I eat dinner, so I make myself a salad and eat it while watching a drama. Or while trying to watch a drama. It is difficult to focus because I keep thinking about Riki. What if he's in danger? I have to be there to help him. This is when I have to make my final decision.

Riki POV:

"Walk faster, Nishimura," the man says, pushing me into the cell. He throws me on the ground with my hands tied behind my back, leaving me no way to catch myself. I scrape my forehead on the concrete and I feel some blood drip down the side of my face.

"Ow! You couldn't have set me down any lighter?" I yell.

"Hey, watch it! Or I'll do it again," he says. "Ah... now that I've got you back where you need to be, all I have to do is tie up any loose ends... what is the girl's name that you were staying with, again?"

My blood boils hearing him mention Minji.

"What do you want from her?" I ask, anger coursing through my veins.

"She knows too much. She has to be contained," he says with a stressed tone in his voice.

"Don't- touch her-" I say, struggling to get my hands out of the makeshift cloth handcuffs.

"Don't even bother with the handcuffs. I had all the guards trained to tie tighter knots," he says. "Well, I'll be going now. Have fun," he says, laughing and walking out of the room. The only person left next to me is the guard. He just stands there, staring at the wall and making sure that I don't escape.

I change my position to be more comfortable since I know I'll be in here for a long time. The guard just stands there, staring into the distance.

"So, how are you?" I ask the guard. He doesn't even look at me. "Okay... I guess I'm talking to myself," I say, sighing.

The next thing I know, I'm laying on the floor, fast asleep.

Minji POV:

I try to sleep but I can't get my mind to rest. I keep thinking about the letter Riki left for me. Is it really there to tell me not to look for him or is it like the SOS notes in the horror movies, telling me that he actually needs help?

I debate with myself over whether or not I should go look for him for hours until I finally drift off to sleep, forgetting about all my worries as I rest.

(A/N : I know it's been like forever but I hope you enjoy this. I've been busy and felt really unmotivated lately but I'm slowly getting back into writing. Thank you for sticking by me and supporting my stories and ily all <333)