01 | Chapter One

"Fouuurr" X whined, "where are we going?" They asked persistently, patiently waiting for their answer as he asked for what seems to be the tenth time already and sadly getting zero results each time.

He wasn't that well informed on the next season of B.F.D.I. except for the future challenges that may partake of course, but still, his interest is at its peak.

Especially when they've traveled across lands for days, already miles away from the sandy desert where they once reside.

Even once passing through Two's competition, trying their hardest to go through unnoticed, and for Four to keep his temper stable. Though it seems to be going terribly much to his amusement.

Despite their long tiresome journey, they've held their chin up high and proceeded with high hopes for what is to come, well, perhaps only Four has been. X has been wanting to take a break and maybe play a nice game of hopscotch, and maybe get their question answered while they're at it.

If you look around it is quite a nice day today, the sun is shining, the birds are doing whatever birds do, and X wouldn't mind just staying here in this forest for a little while. But of course, possibly angering his friend wasn't on the agenda so another time then.

Four turned back at his friend/co-host, with a wide smile decorating their face. They laughed. X watches in confusion paired with a light grin upon seeing his friend be happier on their trip.

They held their hands near their mouth, trying their best to suppress their giggles but to no avail. "Let's just say that would ruin the surprise silly!" Four squealed with joy. Turning away to continue their mystery destination ahead, leaving X to ponder what it could be.

Once Four reached a reasonable distance, he looked behind him to see X still lost in thought. They yelled for their friend to catch up, watching as they shake out of their daze and ran towards them.

"What? surprise? What do you mean, Four?" They peered over the taller integer once they walked the same pace. His voice high pitched and filled to the brim with curiosity upon every question asked.

"Well...I don't want aand can't give too much away." Four thought for a moment before shrugging it out, "Ehh Why the heck why not? You're my co-host anyway!" They pulled X closer, almost like they're sharing a secret regardless of a lack of a crowd surrounding them.

It was only the both of them, which makes it the most of the fun out of it overall.

"You see..." Four says. "Since we're gonna have a brand new season of B.F.D.I." He gushes over at his words with excitement, looking at X with his arm around them. "We're looking for a new place to host it this season for a nice change of scenery." They explain.

"Oh X, the contestants are gonna love it!" Four exclaims as he gestures for them to keep walking. X does so with his arm still around him, nice and secure.

The variable looked back at Four then at the nature around them, he hummed "I think here is great too." X says, praising the scenic route they had taken for their journey.

Four's smile faltered. He looked away from X, hiding away the uncertainty look on his face, "Ah well...we could host some of the challenges here I guess...?" They said begrudgingly, taking their right arm around his friend away and rubbing them with his left.

"B-but we'll still mostly host it on the spot I've chosen! Understand?"

X's opinions matter very much to him, besides, the announcer and purple face wouldn't mind, right? X is a host after all.