Chapter 16 Years after

I wanted to take a long summer vacation with my family.
Years have passed, I have a few more wrinkles that furrow my face, I have been married to Maurizio for years and I have a little girl, Anna;
and yes, I did it... I became a professional writer.
This summer we toured Italy all together; we went to Sicily, to Agrigento to be exact, known for the ruins of the city of Akragas and the Valley of the Temples, an archaeological site with well-preserved Greek temples; we also went to the Regional Archaeological Museum of Agrigento and to Rome.
We visited it all, from top to bottom; the Imperial Forums, the Colosseum, the Pantheon...
It was very strange to see the ruins of what once were the most beautiful cities in the world and of which I have seen firsthand, the daily life of the people who lived there and of the vehicles that passed through the streets.
It is surprising how much man has changed and evolved in two thousand years and I find it hard to return to reality...
We visited the Temple of Segesta and of Juno; what did I feel when I saw them?
It was a unique experience to live.
I felt small in front of the great grandeur of these structures and there it is as if time had stopped two thousand years ago.