Chapter 4 - Reconciliation

Chay's sudden appearance in the house took Vegas's and Porsche's attention off of each other and they slowly started to calm down.

Pete loosened his hold on Porsche and walked over to Chay with a smile that reassured him and made him feel slightly less awkward.

"When did you get here Chay?" asked his brother with a clearly fake smile trying to cover up for his visible irritability in the moment.

Chay could sense that Porsche was upset about the way he had found him but at the time he was preoccupied with Macau who had at this point had let go of Vegas and was now staring at the ground visibly feeling uneasy.

Pete patted Chay's shoulder before holding his arm and leading him towards the group letting go of it as they reached the others.

"What's going on?" Chay asked Porsche with an innocent tone. "Nothing kid don't worry about it." Porsche responded with a smile, trying his best to cover up what Porchay had just witnessed.

Pete could sense the tension in the room rising and decided it was best for everyone to separate as to try and defuse the situation.

He adorned his same comforting smile as he turned to Macau "Could you please take Porchay to your bedroom while I sort out these two idiots." "HEY!" the two men exclaimed in unison towards the insult, which Pete just rolled his eyes at.

"Please go now, okay?" he continued, and even though he wore a kind look Macau knew that this wasn't a request, it was an order.

Macau grabbed Chay's arm instantaneously and pulled him out of the room and started walking him down the long hallway. He continued to hold Chay's arm with a strong enough grip as he could pull him along but weak enough as to not hurt Chay.

They arrived a couple of minutes later at a dark green coloured door that Macau unlocked with his free hand. No one had said a word yet by the time Macau had opened the door and let of of Chay.

His room was different to what Porchay expected, he wasn't sure what he expected but it wasn't this.

The walls were a pale blue and opposite from the door was a 5ft wide window that revealed the huge garden of the mansion. To the right there was a bookshelf filled to the brim with comics as well as a TV surrounded by video games in the far side of the room. And to his left was a queen sized bed with dark green covers to match the door and a desk covered in notebooks beside the window.

Chay just stood at the entrance unsure about how to deal with their awkward situation.

Macau finally broke the silence by telling Chay to "Come in." after seeing him frozen in his position, with a tone that didn't indicate his emotions to Chay in the slightest.

Macau went over and sat on the edge of his bed followed soon by Chay placing himself next to Macau.

"What was going on in there?" Chay suddenly asked turning his body to face Macau on the bed, who's attention was focused on a fixed spot on the wooden floor.

"Just another meaninglessness quarrel between our brothers." Macau responded still avoiding looking at Chay.

Chay turned back away from him to stare at his feet considering what to reply. But Macau interrupted his thoughts "Don't worry too much, they always get over it after Pete sorts them out." at that, Porchay turned back to Macau who still stared at the floor expressionless.

"I'm sorry." Chay said out of nowhere, causing Macau to turn his head back up towards the boy, "What?" he said back. He had no idea why Chay was apologising after doing nothing but he knew it didn't make him feel good at all.

"Your right it's none of my business what you do. I should of kept my mouth shut that night. I'm sor-" "Stop." Macau interrupted, leaving Chay speechless. "Why are you apologising. You shouldn't apologise for things that aren't your fault even if the other person doesn't realise they are wrong." Chay just stared, not making a sound. "It makes you seem like a push over, and makes others think they can walk all over you." Macau continued now staring right at Porchay. "Stop saying sorry when you don't need to especially over small things like that night." He knew it wasn't a small thing, at least to him, but this was his way of apologising to Chay for being an idiot that night.

Then to his surprise, Chay smiled at him warmly. "Let's start over hmm?" he said softly with a kind expression.

His words threw Macau off and left him mute. No one had ever treated him like that before. When he got angry at his friends over things like this they just left him and when it came to his father, he would usually hit Macau to 'teach him a lesson'.

Macau sat there for a few second before smiling back "Okay." he replied not knowing what else to say but pleased that Chay wasn't angry at him.

Before he could finish his thoughts, he felt Porchay's arms wrap around his shoulders, squeezing him tightly. "I don't know what made you so angry that night but I'm sorry you had to go through it." he whispered in Macau's ears "We're friends now okay. You can't take it back anymore, you have to stay friends with me."