Chapter 5 - Fear

Chay then let go of Macau and sat back down on the bed still smiling at him innocently.

"I need to go to the toilet." said Macau rushing into the bathroom opposite his room, locking the door behind him.

He stood with his hand clenched on this chest, trying to control his rapid heart beat but without success.

He couldn't remember the last time someone had hugged him. His father rarely showed any affection to him and his brother had never been the hugging type.

"Shit" he said to himself placing his hands on his head trying to get his thoughts in order.

He walked over to the sink and flipped it on. The cold water came streaming out as he splashed it on his bright red face. "Shit" he repeated under his breath.

He placed his hands on either side of the sink and faced the drain. Water dripped down his hair and face as he tried to slow his heavy breathing.

Before he had a chance to properly think a sudden "BANG" came from somewhere in the house. The shock of the gun-shots being fired snapped him back to reality.

"Chay!" he thought to himself before immediately unlocking and opening the door. He saw him standing in front of the bathroom, frozen in place.

Macau grabbed Chay, without a second thought, and pulled him into the bathroom before locking the door behind him again.

Porchay didn't say a word, but Macau could feel that he was trembling. He was having flashbacks to the day he was kidnapped by Kinns ex boyfriend. He was drugged at the time so he was unconscious for the majority of the time but as he was being rescued he regained enough consciousness to hear the gun shots from behind him.

Macau pulled him to the ground and held his hand over Chay's mouth so the shooter wouldn't hear him muttering words, which Macau couldn't work out, while he was in this trance.

"Shhhhh. We don't want him to find us." he whispered to Chay softly, seeing how distressed he was. He was used to this kind of thing after living in the mansion his whole life. However, he still felt an overwhelming fear at the sound of a bullet being fired, all that changed was that now he was just better at hiding it.

"It going to be okay, just hold on a little longer." said Macau, acknowledging how frightened Chay must have been in the situation.

Porchay knew that Macau was lying, or at least that he didn't believe the words he was saying but despite this they still had a comforting affect on Chay and helped him relax slightly.

A few minutes had passed and the sound of the firearms had completely stopped. As well as this, Chay had stopped trembling after having calmed down a little. Macau slowly removed his hands from Chay's mouth but raised a finger to his lips to indicate that they should continue to stay quiet.

"What about our brothers?" Chay whispered anxiously as Macau slowly stood up, trying his best not to make a sound. "I'm going to check, so stay here and wait for me to come back." He replied unlocking the door and reaching for the handle.

Chay grabbed his sleave and tugged on it preventing Macau from opening the door. "You can't go out there alone and just leave me. What if the shooter breaks in when your not here and kills me. You have to take me with you." Chay pleaded him.

Despite making it sound as though the reason he wanted to go with Macau was for his own safety, in reality he was more worried about Macau going out there all by himself. He knew he wouldn't be much help in a fight but was not going to send him out into such a dangerous situation alone.

"Okay fine, but you have to do exactly what I tell you to, okay?" Porchay just nodded sincerely before standing up as quietly as possible.

"Stay behind me at all times and don't make a noise." Macau said sternly while holding eye contact so that Chay would understand that he was dead serious.

"Ready?" Macau said, hand on the handle.
"Ready." Chay replied positioning himself in a stance ready to move.

Macau creaked the door open. He assessed as much of the hallway he could through a small gap in the door before opening enough to leave the room before stepping out, gesturing to Chay to follow him.

They walked along the side of the wall staying as close to it and each other as they could. Chay was pinching the back of Macau's shirt while following him down the hallway, towards the room they had met in at the beginning of the day.

As they grew closer they started to hear a quiet sob deriving from the room. They turned to each other to acknowledge that they had heard the same sound and turned back continuing of their path slowly.

They cautiously turned the corner into the room, finding their brothers sat on the floor in the centre.

There were four deceased men they didn't recognise scattered around the room as well as a few of their bodyguards who laid injured on the ground.

They ran up to their brothers as soon as they saw them but soon realised why they were both weeping uncontrollably.

Pete laid limp in Vegas's arms as Porsche shook him desperately trying to wake him but had no success in the endeavour.

"What happened?" Macau said trying his best not to start crying.

Porsche looked up at the boys with tears in his eyes. "Chay call an ambulance right now!" he screamed through his tears.

Porchay pulled out his phone and dialled the number immediately. "Help... Umm... Pete is... " his voice trembling out of pure shock. Macau, understanding the urgency of the situation, ripped the phone out of Chay's hands and explained to the hospital what had happened.

Pete had been shot twice, one bullet in his shoulder, another in his calf and was bleeding out onto the floor, and Vegas.

The red stream flowed onto Vegas's arms as he gripped Pete has hard as he could. Vegas didn't move he just stared at Peter's lifeless body with tears streaming down his face.

"Pete..."