S1 E2: Kangaroos & Chaos

As promised I played something on the piano for Austin. It went something like this:

We were in the practice room that wasn't so private anymore. "Hey, do you mind if play you something? I mean I sort of kinda promised you I would" I tell him. Austin nods and we walk over to the piano.

"I might be a little rusty so forgive me if I press the wrong notes." I say. "I'm sure you're still great." Austin says. "Aww, you're too kind." I smile and I place my hands on the keys and I start to play.

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality

Open your eyes, look up to the skies and see
I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy

Because I'm easy come, easy go, little high, little low

Any way the wind blows doesn't really matter to me, to me

Mama, just killed a man
Put a gun against his head, pulled my trigger, now he's dead

Mama, life had just begun
But now I've gone and thrown it all away

Mama, ooh, didn't mean to make you cry
If I'm not back again this time tomorrow

Carry on, carry on as if nothing really matters

Too late, my time has come
Sends shivers down my spine, body's aching all the time

Goodbye, everybody, I've got to go
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth
Mama, ooh (Any way the wind blows)

I don't wanna die
I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all

After I stop playing I look at Austin to see a reaction. "Yeah, I know it's not an original but it's something I enjoy playing."

Austin chuckles "What?" I ask him. "I think it's pretty cool that you can play Bohemian Rhapsody on the piano." he says.

"You think so? I mean I do love me some Queen." I smile I look at the clock on the wall and sigh. "Looks like I have to get downstairs." I say.

"Maybe next time you can play one of your songs." Austin suggests as we walk to the door.

"I don't know.... Not even Ally and Trish have heard my songs. Honestly, I'm not even sure if they're ready for anyone to hear."

Austin places a hand on my shoulder "You helped Ally write a song for me so... you must be a hell of a good writer then."

I smile once again "Well I'll be damned when you put it that way." I say and Austin and I leave the practice room.
-
A couple of hours later Ally was behind the counter helping a customer. "This violin is made of... the finest maple wood. It was..." Ally tells the lady as paper gets thrown. "It was hand carved-" Ally stops and looks back at the lady.

"Would you excuse me for a sec? Yeah." Ally tells her. "Do you guys have to do that here?" she asks Austin and Dez. "Hey, we're not complaining that you're working in the middle of our banjo badminton court." Austin says.

"We'd rather be making a music video, but somebody hasn't finished writing the song yet." Dez says. "I'm busy working." Ally tells him. Y/N walks over to them "So am I. The game looks interesting but like Ally said, do you actually have to play it here."

"Fine. Then we're busy badmintoning. Game point!" Dez hits the banjo against the counter.

Ally braces for impact "Dez!" Y/N exclaims. "Would you like to pay cash for that or should I put it on your tab?" Ally walks over to Dez.

"Just put it on the tab."

"Oh, okay." Ally unrolls a paper.

Ally's dad walks out from the back room "Well, I am off to the accordion convention. And "accordion" to my watch, I should have left an hour ago." Buster says and he and Ally laugh along with Dez.

Buster looks at him causing Dez to quickly move away. "Well, sweetie, you are in charge. This store looks a little crowded. Are you sure you'll be okay?"

"Actually dad, I probably-"

"Glad to hear it. Bye." Buster leaves the store.

"Did he forget that I work here too?" Y/N questions. "Who's next? Okay, wait. Um, here's your change. Your kazoo." Ally says.

"Sir the trumpets are over there. And no, this isn't the eye doctor." Y/N says. One of the guys nod and walk into the cymbals before quickly leaving the store.

"Goodness." Y/N sighs rubbing her temples.

Trish enters the store "Guess who got a store at the yo-yo cart? Watch this." Y/N, Austin, Ally and Dez duck behind the counter. "Whoo, wait. Whoo, I can do this. Hold on." The four look back up and see Trish tangled in the yo-yo's.

"It's my first day and... Probably my last." Trish removes the yo-yo's and walks over to the counter. "So, Ally, Y/N, have you two finished writing Austin's new song?" Trish asks.

Y/N glances at Ally "It's-it's almost done. I've just been really really busy lately. I've got work, school, book club. I have to read this by tomorrow." Ally places a giant book on the counter. "Tomorrow of what year?" Austin looks through the book.

"This is a whole dictionary." Y/N pokes the book. "Well, we need a song. I can't make a video without a song." Dez mentions. "Hey, it's not like I've been spending all my free time training to eat a 20 lb. hamburger." Ally said to Dez.

"You're just jealous." Dez picks up a trophy.

Trish walks behind the counter "Ally, Y/N, if we don't get a new video up on the website quick, people are gonna forget who Austin is."

"Seriously, it's been a whole month since the last video." Dez adds. "Guys, cut them some slack. A month isn't that long. It's pretty hard to forget Austin Moon." Austin says.

"Hey, it's Ralphie Hayes from the dog food commercial! Oh my-" A girl squeals to her friend. "Dog food commercial? Y/N, you two gotta finish that song now!"

"Fine. Y-you want the song? Ah!" Ally throws a piece of paper at Austin. "See that wasn't so hard." Austin picks up the paper. "No way! It's the guy who won the 20 lb. hamburger eating contest." The same girl from earlier said.

Y/N, Ally, Austin and Trish all look over at them with furrowed brows. "Can I have your autograph?" the girl asks. "Sure. Turn around." Dez pulls out a bottle of ketchup and he does his signature in ketchup on the girls back.

"What in the-" Y/N said. The girl then turns around making the ketchup on her back visible to the others. "Oh!" Y/N, Austin, Ally and Trish exclaimed.