I'll prove you're wrong

[Ezekiel's POV]

I was standing beside my owner, who was slowly falling deep into sleep. Just as I realized she was completely asleep, I was relieved.

Day one at my job, and I can already feel tiredness. No, I must say focused, evil doesn't sleep. Somebody might try to harm her at any moment. I thought to myself. I took a deep breath and walked around her for a bit, just to check. She seemed fine...or maybe not? No, I'm just making myself believe something will happen, it's my first day anyways.

Just at that moment, I heard some chuckles in front of the room door. I thought I would just stay calm and see what happens, if I just open to door and see...maybe I'll wake shallow up.

[Back to... nobody's POV]

Ezekiel was still watching Shallow over. Just as Damian barged in, in the lamest, ugliest superman costume. Except...it was purple.

-"hyah! Hands up! I'm robbing you!"

He yelled, pointing a tiny knife at Ezekiel.

[Damian's POV]

He didn't seem to move a muscle, except...in his eyes when he saw me of course. I knew I had to use some other techniques to test him.
So, I did the worst thing I could.
I ran straight to Shallow, holding up a knife. Just as I was about to "stab" her, I felt Ezekiel push me away. Was he weak? Why didn't he hurt me? I was just about to kill his master, wouldn't he try to kill me or something?

He was still staring at me, I could see shallow hiding her face, trying not to laugh. But of course, we planned this.

-"uhm...uh...I'm about to kidnap her! Step away or I might hurt you too!"

I yelled in loudest tone possible. He didn't seem to care...or maybe...he knew it was a plan?

-"Damian, my owner is sleeping...please leave the room silently."

It only took him one sentence to shock me, how did he know it was me? Is my costume that obvious? why wasn't he doing anything? Perhaps he wasn't a useful guardian at all?

I don't know what got into me in that moment. I threw a knife at him.

[Nobody's POV]

Ezekiel couldn't react at all, he just raised his hand in front of his face, before the knife could hit him. The knife went trough his hand, but he moved it away fast, so blood wouldn't drip on Shallow. He took the knife out, like he didn't even care. Took out a tissue and cleaned it well. He approached Damian, slowly, Handing him over the knife. Damian wasn't taking it, he was just staring at Ezekiel....in shock.

Ezekiel realized Damian won't take the knife, so he just put it in his hand, and got back to his place. He continued watching Shallow, while Damian, was either shocked, or scared of what did just happen.

-"ahem...Ezekiel, it's me, sorry...I really didn't mean to hurt you"

He spoke, in a sad tone, looking at Ezekiel.

-"hm? Oh...it's alright"

-"WHAT? just like that??? Bro, Logan wouldn't forgive me like that for just eating his noodles! What was that forgiveness about???"

Damian started questioning all at once, he wouldn't give a moment for Ezekiel to answer.

-"You know what?"

He dropped the knife and just ran away, leaving papers flying after him.

Finally, Ezekiel realized Shallow was laughing. But he didn't want to question a lot.

-"...are you alright?"

-" *cough* mhm yeah why wouldn't I be"

Shallow realized that Ezekiel was getting suspicious of her, so she pulled out a random theme to drag him away from thinking of that.

-"uhm...how about we go get some noodles?"

She asked nervously, hoping that Ezekiel won't ask anything else.

He agreed, they went downstairs. It was dark in the living room. As they were approaching the kitchen on their toes. Shallow steped on something.

Suddenly the lights turned on. As they looked to see who it was, they expected nobody else but...

-"what are you doing this late?"

Logan asked.

-"What are you doing this late, better question! It's almost 3AM Logan, you need some sleep"

She said.

-"hmph, drop the act, you know I'm always awake 1-5 AM Shallow"

-"So? We just came to get some noodles"

-"Is that even what demons eat?"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
They went silent. Shallow turned her head to look at Ezekiel.

-"What do demons eat Ezekiel?"

Her curiosity went over her.

-"mostly meat, though, we can eat anything humans do"

The demon asnwered.

-"see, now lemme go get my noodles"

Shallow said running to the kitchen, looking for her favorite ones.

[Logan's POV]

Should I grab the opportunity and ask why was Damian running away from her room?
.
.
.
No, she is probably tired. I can't bring up random themes in the middle of night.

-" *sigh* Just don't stay awake for too long"
I said and went back to the living room. Couple of minutes later, Shallow was walking to her room, with her noodles in her hands.

-"see Ezekiel, these are my favorite noodles...you should try some!"

She was mumbling.

-"One month"

I said loudly.

She stopped her happy walk to take a look at me. So did Ezekiel.

-"huh?"

Shallow gave me a weird look.

-"Ezekiel, I'm giving you one month to prove yourself, if not, I'm getting you out of this house. Shallow, you cannot complain, rules are rules. Don't argue with me"

I said, taking another bite of my noodles.

-"do you really think Ezekiel isn't capable of keeping me safe? Ugh, I'll prove you wrong, come Ezekiel"

She grabbed his hand and dragged him away in her room. I was just hoping he can really protect her, it could be huge help on our missions.
The room went silent, I was alone in here anyways. Only my noodles, my phone and me. I was ready to go to my room and sign the pile of papers I had to do. I was still exhausted from today's work anyways....Good night.