i { we meet again }

I WALKED INTO THE HARD DECK AND THE BLARING CONVERSATIONS FILLED MY EARS. i was in my beige uniform that fit me perfectly.

"well, what do we have here?" someone said. i walked up to the voice. "well if it isn't hail."

"hey bagman." i retorted.

"hangman." he responded with a tight smile. "good to see ya hail." he said.

"good to see you too hangman." i said. i patted him in the shoulder and stood off to the side next to coyote.

the bell rung indicating someone had to buy a round of drinks. the bar erupted into screams and yells. i look and see penny ringing the bell and saw a very familiar man.

maverick.

"who's that?" phoenix asked pulling me out of my thoughts.

"who's who?" hangman said.

phoenix nodded her head over to someone sitting in a chair with glasses on the bridge of his nose.

"when did you get here?" payback asked.

"oh i've been here the whole time." he said. he broke out into a crooked smile.

"he's a stealth pilot." hangman said.

"literally." coyote said.

"weapon system officer actually." he said.

"with no sense of humor." hangman said, getting up from sitting on the pool table.

"what do they call you?" payback asked.

"bob." he said.

"no no, your call sign." payback asked once more.

"uhhh...bob." he said.

"wait, you're bob floyd, you're my new backseater? from lemoore?" phoenix asked.

"looks like it." he smiled.

"9-ball bob." phoenix said, holding the cue towards him. "rack 'em."

he hesitantly took the cue from phoenix. they started playing until a familiar man with a mustache. he wore a pair of jeans with a white under shirt with a hawaiian shirt over top.

"bradshaw, is that you?" phoenix yelled out.

"aye, look what the cat dragged in!" i said. bradley came over to us and i walked over to phoenix. bradley gave me a small hug.

"is this how i find out your in town?" phoenix said.

"yeah, i guess i wanted to surprise you." bradley said. phoenix bent down to do her shot in 9-ball and hit him in the stomach and he grunted.

"i guess i surprised you back." phoenix said turning around. bradley looked up at her and nodded.

"good to see you." he said.

"good to see you too."

"bradshaw as i live and breath." hangman said. "and here i thought we were special."

"you look good hangman." rooster said.

"i am good rooster," hangman said as he grabbed the cue from bob. coyote offered me a beer which i declined. he lines up his shot. "i'm very good rooster."

"here come more aviators." coyote said.

"yale, ohmaha, shit that's fritz." payback said.

"what kind of detachment is this?" fanboy questioned.

"that's not what we should be asking." phoenix said. "we are the best there is, who the hell are they going to get to teach us?"

"and who's going to be team leader, and which one of y'all has what it takes to follow me." hangman said.