iii { disagreement }

"TIME IS YOUR GREATEST ENEMY." maverick said. "your mission is to destroy the uranium enrichment plant located between two mountains and a valley leading up to it. this valley is heavily guarded by SAMs. these SAMs are programmed to protect the air above, not the canyon below."

"that's because e nobody is insane enough to fly it." rooster called out.

"that's exactly what i'm going to teach you." maverick said. "dismissed."

i walked out of the room and sighed and leaned up against the wall. "ah, shit." i mumbled. i walked until i heard someone holler my name.

~ after flying ~

"why are they dead?" maverick asked me.

"i slowed down and didn't tell them." i said, looking into my lap.

"why didn't you communicate with your wingman?" maverick questioned, i opened my mouth to speak but i was soon cut off. "why didn't you anticipate the turn? you were briefed in the terrain."

phoenix opened her mouth to speak but maverick cut her off. "don't tell me, tell his family." maverick said pointing to bob

"why are they dead?" maverick said.

"i kinda flew like my ass depended on it." hangman stated with a smirk.

"and your wingman is dead, what are you going to do?" rooster said.

"they couldn't keep up." hangman smiled.

"why are you dead?" maverick asked.

"sir, they were the only ones who made it to the target." i interjected.

"no, they arrived a minute late. that gave enemies time to take flight and shoot him down. he is dead." maverick argued.

"then it's a dog fight." rooster said.

"in an f-18 against 5th generation fighters? i don't think so." maverick said.

"it's not the plane sir, it's the pilot." rooster said calmly.

"exactly!" maverick yelled.

"there's more then one way to fight this mission." rooster said.

"you aren't flying fast enough." hangman said. "we are going into combat, to where no naval aviator has seen, not even him."

hangman looked at maverick. hangman then continued.

"come on, i can't be the only who knows that his old man used to fly with maverick here," hangman said, stretching comfortably into his chair, "even when he-"

rooster got up from his chair and bolted towards hangman and everyone jumped up to pull them apart.

"you son of a bitch." rooster yelled at hangman.

"hey i'm okay, i'm good." hangman told fanboy who held him. "he's not cut out for this mission, you know i'm right. you know it."

hangman started to walk out then got real close to rooster. maverick told us all to leave. i walked out of the room to go find hangman.

"you complete asshole." i said.

hangman stood by his locker putting his stuff away. he chuckled and look over at me. he shut his locker and leaned against it.

"i'm not sure what you mean?" he joked.

"okay hangman," i sneered, "why did you have to bring up rooster's dad? that was a low blow even for you."

"it'll knock his brain into thinking he can do the mission. we may not be good friends but i can try." hangman said.

"but you getting payback and fanboy in the wall was you being an ass." i stated.

"well, maybe you should learn how to work alone." he said. he tilted his head as he spoke.

"well if i worked alone i would be dead, and i don't want to die yet!" i yelled at him.

i didn't notice hangman had gotten so close to my face. i looked down at his lips then back at his eyes. i couldn't even prevent it if i tried.

"look at you, flustered, sweaty, what else?" hangman smirked.

"fuck off." i sneered.

i turned on my heels and left him fuming. i sighed and hit my fist onto my forehead. "i'm a fucking idiot." i mumbled.

i'm sorry this is a shorter chapter but the next one is the beach scene, you're welcome :)