iv { beach }

I GOT A TEXT FROM MAV THE NIGHT BEFORE TO MEET AT THE BEACH THE NEXT MORNING. i grabbed a black bikini and a pair of black shorts and slipped them on. i grabbed an oversized t-shirt from my closet and slipped it on as i walked out of the door.

i took my chevy 2022 model truck to the beach to meet everyone. "suspicious minds" by elvis presley started playing. i mumbled along to the words as i saw the parking lot to the beach.

i got my bag and my keys and hopped out of my truck. i walked up towards the shore as i saw maverick sitting in a beach chair with his aviators on.

"morning mav." i smiled. he looked over to the side and smiled when he saw me.

"hey kid. how are you doing?" he asked. i shrugged. i sat down in the sand next to him and pulled my knees up to my chest.

"good i guess." i mumbled.

"i uh, saw your dad last night." maverick said.

"really? i would've met you there if you told me." i said.

"he spoke." maverick blurted.

i felt like a mouse next to an elephant. my dad spoke to maverick but not to me or mother... i shook off the feeling and looked back at the shore. i heard footsteps in the sand and i turn to see rooster. i stood up to greet him.

"hey, skye, captain mitchell." he greeted us both. maverick looked over at him and smiled.

slowly but surely every aviator was gathered in the beach, hondo included, mav whistled and everyone looked at him.

"today we are doing dogfight football, offense and defense at the same time. good luck, lieutenant bradshaw and lieutenant seresin are team captains." maverick smiled, tossing a football to rooster and hangman.

"alright alright." hangman said loudly once the teams were chosen. i was in rooster's team and everyone lined up. hondo blew the whistle and everyone dispersed. i ran to get open for rooster and he threw the football my way. i caught it and started running.

phoenix caught me in her sight and started running towards me.

"no! phoenix have mercy!" i giggled. phoenix tackled me and we both fell to the sand in a fit of giggles. we got up and patted each other's shoulders.

we played for a while and we had a touchdown and coyote smiled and stuck his tongue out. he pointed to someone and bradley ran towards him. coyote started running and they jumped up and did a chest bump. when rooster landed on his feet he did some type of body roll that made me laugh.

"hey! no fair!" coyote yelled

"hey! no fair!" coyote yelled. i laughed.

"so full of yourself like always bradshaw!" i yelled at him.

"what can i say kazansky?" he defended.

i rolled my eyes and pushed my aviators further up the bridge of my nose. i looked over to see hangman with three aviators behind him. he threw the football behind me and they all jumped into their backs.

hangman screamed while moving his arms in a way how his muscles flexed. i felt my jaw go slack but a hand quickly shut it.

"i won't say anything

"i won't say anything." phoenix whispered.

"you better not." i mumbled.

hangman looked at me through his sunglasses. he smirked and he lifted his glasses onto his head. he winked then put his glasses on his eyes once again.

"you know, i'm going to sit the next round out." i told phoenix.

"you do you, go talk to penny." phoenix told me.

"thanks." i said, i jogged over to penny and she smiled.

"too hot to handle?" penny giggled.

"yeah, that's one thing for sure." i sighed.

"wanna beer?" penny asked.

"i'd thought you'd never ask, please." i said, sitting down on the bench in front of her.

she walked off inside to get me a beer. i looked back onto the beach to see hangman looking around to try to find me. a thin sheet of sweat covered his body.

i giggled to myself. penny came back with two beers and handed me one. i saw mav throw his arms up and walked to a chair closer to penny and i. he waved at penny and she waved back.

i took a sip of the beer in my hands as i talked to penny. we talked an endless conversation on how fighter pilots have the cockiest attitudes.

"looks like he wants to talk to ya." penny leaned her head to the side and i looked towards the beach. i saw hangman walking up to me and i smiled.

"hey sweetheart." his raspy voice said.

"hey." i smiled. "what did you need?"

"eh, needed a break i guess." a small smile tugged at the ends of his lips.

"well, go take one." i said, i stepped a little closer.

"i think i will." he leaned forward. i felt his heat on his body. i closed my eyes for a second, feeling his heat around me. then in a blink of an eyes it was gone.

"son of a bitch." i whispered. i heard him chuckle and he patted my shoulder.

"meet me tonight on the beach at seven, please." he whispered. i nodded. i felt heat rush to my cheeks.

"come in you two, let's play!" payback yelled.

"we're coming hold on!" i yelled back.

i don't know what i feel about this chapter