v { butterflies }

"NAT, I NEED YOU OVER HERE ASAP." I SAID. after we left the beach i sat at home until around three and called natasha.

"what do you need?" natasha asked frantically. i giggled.

"it's not a big deal- well, kind of important." i said. my words coming out fast and rushed.

"okay, what happened." nat asked me. i took a deep breath and told her.

"hangmanaskedmeoutandineesyourhelptkpickohtanoutfit." i rushed.

"you should've started this phone call with that- i'll be over in ten minutes." she said as she hung up.

i paced around for a good two minutes and sat down on the couch. my knees pulled up to my chest. i let myself get consumed into my thoughts until i heard a knock at the door.

"nat use your key!" i hollered. i heard keys jingling behind the door and the door unlocking.

"bitch, get up, i know too damn well you are curled up in the couch. come on." natasha said as she walking to the kitchen to set her stuff down.

i got up and she grabbed my wrist as she walked by me and pulled me into my bathroom.

"natasha-" i said.

"no if ands or buts. i am doing your hair and helping you pick out an outfit." she said.

"okay." i said. i'm not even gonna fight it. she sat me in my stool and looked at me through the mirror.

"you gotta wash your hair, you shower and i'll be in your bed." she said.

i rolled my eyes and shut the door once she was out. i changed out of my clothes and jumped in the shower.

~ skip to 6:45 ~

"you look beautiful, skye." natasha sighed as she looked at me.

i had on a creme colored dress that was fitted around my torso and loose from hips down. it went almost to my knees, only a little above.

"are you sure? it's not too much right?" i asked. my hand smoothing over my dress that came to my mid thigh.

"i promise. now, i'm going to leave so if y'all come back with each other to this house i won't be hear to listen." natasha laughed.

"thanks again, i'll see you tomorrow?" i asked. natasha nodded and hugged me. i grabbed my keys and headed out the door. i got into my car and i exhaled.

my playlist started playing, with the song "go easy on me" by adele. and let me tell you. i am a literal slut for adele's songs.

i drove towards the beach where we were earlier today. i pulled into the parking lot and inhaled sharply. i opened my door while taking my keys. i walked onto the beach.

i saw someone sitting at a picnic table staring out at the water. i walked up to him.

"is this seat taken?" i asked.

he looked up at me and smiled.

"skye, right on time." hangman smiled. "and yes it is taken but i don't think they will mind, sit down." he patted the seat next to him.

he was wearing a maroon shirt that was tight around his biceps and looser around his torso, jeans that were perfectly fitting onto his thighs.

i took a seat next to him as we stared out to the shore. the sun had started setting and the sky was a beautiful orange.

"how was the rest of your day?" he asked.

i don't think i've ever seen this side of jake... he was caring, not the cocky one i've seen all week.

"it was boring, i just say around my house watching movies." i shrugged.

he nodded. a comfortable silence fell between us. i felt his hand brush mine and i smiled. he turned my hand over and intertwine our fingers together.

butterflies erupted in my stomach as i watched the sunset. he brought my hand up to his lips and kissed it.

"what's wrong jake?" i asked.

"just nervous that's all." he mumbled.

"you know, we can't be acting like we aren't scared for so long." i said.

"i know, i know." jake sighed. "i just don't wanna be a weak one you know?"

"yeah i know." i sighed.

"i'm just confused with the mission that's all." he said.

"i'm confused and scared too." i smiled.

the sunset was just finishing and a dark blue started to pain the sky.

"i'll see you tomorrow?" i asked.

"i'll see you tomorrow." he confirmed.

i dunno what j think of this book anymore 😭😭 i don't have motivation, and j have ideas for a new fanfic (an austin butler one) but i'm thinking of discontinuing this story