Chapter 31 - Monaco Pt. 1

After Isla stormed out of the paddock, she made her way back to her hotel, packed her bag and went straight to the airport. She turned off her phone for some peace and quiet and took the first flight to Monaco.

The Monaco Grand Prix was the next race on the calendar, and Isla was excited to be able to sleep in her own bed for the race. She needed to lay low until media events the following week. Monaco was the biggest place for team fundraisers and there was a lot of importance placed on the Formula 1 Charity Gala.

Isla continued to keep up her training routine and met George for Yoga every morning. She avoided Pierre's texts, calls and Instagram messages.

Sarah and Heather stopped by the morning before the Charity Gala, They brought Isla a couple of different dresses to try on. Isla felt like a celebrity trying on all of these fancy gowns.

"It's nice to be a girl," She said as tried on a gorgeous Emerald dress. "I think this is the one," she smiled.

Heather and Sarah nodded in agreement. They packed up the other unchosen dresses and Sarah left with them.

"So, what do I need to know about tonight?" Isla asked Heather.

"There will be lots of media, so you and Pierre will need to be on your best behaviour" Warned Heather.

"Yes, mom" Isla jokes

"I'm serious, everyone will be looking at how you act at this party" She said with a stern voice.

Isla nodded. "I guess I should get my hair and makeup done then if I need to be extra cautious tonight." She said

Heather stood up "I should go get ready as well. A car will be here in about 3 hours to take you to the Casino," she said with a smile.

Isla proceeded to have a shower and style her hair into long waves that she pinned so her hair fell over her left shoulder.. She put on the most makeup she had in a long time. If she was going to be under a microscope tonight, she might as well look her best.

It was time to get her dress on and get the whole look together. She looked into her floor-length mirror to do any last-minute touch-ups. Her phone rang.

"Isla? This is the driver, I am outside your apartment" he said cheerily

"Thank you, I'll be right down," She said as she hung up.

She took one last look out the balcony and saw the night sky and the lights reflecting off the water. She took a deep breath, it was going to be a long night of fake smiles and photographs.

She stepped out of her apartment and down to the lobby and onto the street. Where she was met by Pierre standing with the car door open. He was in a tuxedo looking very handsome. Isla forgot to breathe for a second. They made eye contact and Pierre went to take her hand but she didn't let him, she was still hurt about their conversation in Milan.