3.ᕼOᗯ ᗪOES IT ᖴEEᒪ TO ᒪIᐯE ᗯITᕼ ᕼIᗰ ᗩGᗩIᑎ

|| DUKE SYLAS ||

Living with the grown-up Sylas is no different than living with his younger self, the differences are that he is more protective, more paranoid, and has become a vegetarian. Fortunately, he didn't force his belief on you. No offense to vegetarians out there but even you crave meats once in a while.

You glance at the half-fae who's elegantly eating his meal. After a week of living in a dove form, you eventually relent and transform back into your human form after accepting the fact that you can never win against magic. You take a bite of your meal, shuddering when you recall back how he once teased you by giving you a plate of worms to eat. You almost peck him out of anger back then, but then he will just interpret it that you're so happy to the point of showering him with kisses, and you would rather starve than feed his ego.

"I want to go out on a stroll," you demand once you finish your meal.

Sylas glances at you, playing with his spoon. The half-fae doesn't give you an answer, knowing that you can never leave without his permission. Your freedom is in his hands and he can't help but smiles in glee.

"I believe in equivalent exchange," he says. "If you want my permission, I also want something from you."

You clench your fists in anger, holding yourself back from tackling the Archmage to the floor and punching the heck out of him. Where was the cute little boy who would always cling to you? Where was the tragic supporting character in the novel that you shed tears for? This person in front of you is just a scumbag that has the same face.

"I have the right to my freedom," you sneer. "Why should I ask for permission?"

The half-fae shrugs. "I guess you're stuck to me then."

Annoying ; is the best word that can describe how you feel about living with the grown-up version of Sylas. You slam your hands on the table with no manner whatsoever and quickly leave the dining room, leaving that arrogant man alone in the dining hall .

Hours later, Sylas would go to your room, finding you in your animal form hiding on top of a wardrobe with your back facing him. You would hear him sigh, and then he would call out to you, giving your permission to leave the manor but warn you that you should never fly out of the gateーnot that you can do since there is a magic barrier outsideーand you would coo in excitement as you fly out of the window.

Sylas can be annoying, but if you play your cards right, life can be smooth sailing for you even if you are imprisoned against your will. However, push him too hard and you would find yourself in a predicament where you have to face the wrath of a half-fae, including those who adore him, even the world.

|| DUKE XIN ||

Living with the grown-up Xin is no different than how it used to be. Although he still acts like the adorable and obedient little child he once was, his protectiveness has become rather excessive. It gets to the point that he has to be by your side at all times because he doesn't trust even the servants that he paid wages.

You sigh softly, cheeks heating up as you sit on his lap. Xin had insisted that you do that. You had no problem lying on his thighs in your animal form so why couldn't you do the same in your human form? Even though you wanted to refute that statement of his, glancing at his quivering hands which were holding yours, you ended up relenting, and now here you are.

"Have a bite," the saint offers, feeding you desserts with one hand while the other is writing something on a paper, probably doing his duty as a duke.

You hesitantly comply, recalling back to the times that he would do outrageous things to you like giving your lips a peck just because you refused him. Xin has never done more than that but it doesn't mean that you aren't afraid.