Chapter 14 - Disturbing Behaviour

Arianna's POV:

Rebekah and I insisted we went shopping. Mainly for Bex, seeing as she didn't have any clothes other than her bloody 20s dress. I wouldn't let her go around Chicago in that and she wouldn't want to either. We went to a nail salon first, so we could fix Bex's nails. I also got mine done as well, though.

 I also got mine done as well, though

(Arianna's)

(Bekah's)

Nik and Stefan were very bored by the time our nails were finished. Their boredom wouldn't be over for quite a while now. We went into one of the clothes shops and Bekah went into a changing room while Nik, Stefan and I were sat on seats drinking champagne. I was tucked into Nik's side with my head on his shoulder and his arms circling my waist since it was a small chair.

"There has to be more to this dress." Rebekah called from behind the curtain.

"There's not." Nik told her.

She came out dressed in quite a see-through dress. "So women in the 21st century dress like prostitutes, then?"

"Hey!" I exclaimed in mock offence.

She smiled, "Sorry, not you." Nik nodded at her earlier question. "You know, I got dirty looks for wearing trousers."

"You wore trousers so women today could wear nothing." Nik stated.

"I'm sure you'd love it if I wore nothing, wouldn't you, Nik?" I smirked.

He tightened his hold on my waist and leaned in close to my ear, "Hmm, indeed I would, love."

Bekah smiled at our interaction, "And what is this music? It sounds like a cable car accident."

"It's dance music." Stefan told her.

"People dance to this?" Bekah asked incredulously.

"Mhm." Stefan hummed.

"Are we done?" Nik sounded grumpy.

"And why are you so grumpy?" Bekah asked him.

"I needed one thing from you for Gloria to find out why my hybrids were dying." He explained. "One thing: your necklace. And you lost it."