Chapter 17 - The New Deal

Arianna's POV:
The next morning, I woke up to the smell of breakfast and people talking. I followed the sound to the kitchen where I found Nik and Care sat at the table in the kitchen, having a conversation. I smiled and wrapped my arms around Nik and put my chin on his shoulder.

"Well, this is a nice sight I never thought I'd see." I smiled.

"Turns out Klaus isn't as bad as I thought he was. Sure, he can be a psycho at times but he's alright." Caroline smiled back at me.

"Why thank you, Caroline." Nik smirked.

"Please tell me you made the breakfast, Nik, and not Care." I sat next to him. "I love you, Care, but you can't cook to save your life." I added when she gave me an offended look.

Nik laughed, "Yes, my love, I made the breakfast. There's a plate on the side for you as well as your caramel iced frappe you insist on having every morning."

I smiled and kissed him on the cheek, "Thank you, Nikky."

He groaned, "How many times have I told you not to call me that?"

"About a million." I smiled cheekily. "He loves it really." I whispered to Caroline, knowing fully well he could still hear me.

"Oh, I'm sure he does." She smirked.

We both laughed at Nik's annoyed expression and I got up to get my breakfast. When I sat back down, I turned to Nik, "So, what are the plans for today?"

"Well, I'm sure you'll be happy about this." He replied. "I plan on finding Rebekah and awakening my siblings."

I squealed in excitement, "Finally! I've been waiting so long to meet them." Then I turned to Caroline, "What are your plans today? You could come with us if you want?"

"I think I'm going to go home. I need to spend some time with my mum. I haven't really seen her a lot recently." She smiled sadly.

"Okay, well have fun, and remember, you'll always be welcome here." I told her.

She smiled and got up from the table, "I know, thank you." She came over to me and gave me a hug. "I'm going to go home now, try and catch mum before she goes to work and try and convince her to take a break."

"Bye Care-Bear. See you soon."

"Goodbye Caroline."

Once Caroline had left, Nik and I ate while talking about the plans he had for his family. Once we had finished I went upstairs to get dressed, while Nik washed the dishes and tidied the kitchen. He hated doing it but I refused to let him get someone else to do it and I was not doing it all the time, so I managed to force him to do it.

I got dressed into something comfy and warm but it was also smart to make a good first impression with the two brothers I haven't met yet. I also made sure to get my favourite jacket of Nik's out of the wardrobe to top off the outfit, then headed back downstairs where Nik was already waiting at the door for me.

"You look gorgeous, Anna." Nik gave me a kiss when he saw me.

"Thank you, Nik." I smiled. "Shall we go and retrieve your siblings, then?"

"Of course." He held the door open for me.

When we got to the place where Nik was keeping his family, Nik decided to call Bex. "Rebekah, where are you?" He started to leave a message when she didn't answer, yet again. "Pick up the phone, darling. Daddy's dead. It's time for a family reunion."

"I miss you." I managed to get in before Nik answered the call he got from Stefan.

"Stefan. Miss me already?"