Chapter Forty-Three

Chapter Forty-Three

And I looked you in the eye

You know, this is the last time

I am gonna put you back together

"So you want me to actually believe that it's not just Ashton... but my mum too?" Niall said the next morning. He looked like shit, bags underneath his eyes and his face pale and sickly looking. It was more than obvious that he hadn't gotten much sleep last night, and to be honest I hadn't either.

"Yes... Think about it Niall... Ashton wouldn't have had enough time to get Jonah on his own... You would've seen him." I said, hoping that I could prove my point enough for him. The look on Niall's face said otherwise though. He looked away from me, biting his bottom lip as he shook his head.

"We don't even know if it's them Harry." Niall whispered, still refusing to look at me. I leaned against the kitchen counter, pinching the bridge of my nose as I took a deep breath.

"I know it is. Who else would it be Niall? Who else would want us to hurt like this?" I said, feeling somewhat desperate for him to understand.

"I don't know. I don't f ucking know Harry. All I do know is that Jonah is out there with someone he doesn't know, he's alone and terrified and I'm not there. So please, by all means come up with your stupid theory that they're all working together. I don't care, I just want him home." Niall's voice was harsh and bitter, and to be quite honest I really tried not to be offended by it. He was scared and he felt guilty, I understood.

But I was hurting too.

It's not just him.

"I want him home too. Don't act like you're the only one that's hurting because of this Niall. He's my son too, not just yours. I'm just saying its a possibility, and don't look at me like I'm going crazy... at least I'm trying." I whispered, knowing that it would be useless to yell at him. He wasn't making it easy though as he scoffed, shaking his head again.

"What reason do they both have? Besides the fact that they both hate you." Niall said, looking at me again. He didn't believe me, I could tell simply by how guarded his expression was.

He was angry.

He was scared.

He looked lost.

"Why wouldn't they? Niall, your mum is just as crazy as your brother was. She can't take a hint and she's already voiced how you were a f uck up. Why wouldn't she take Jonah? He looks almost exactly like you when you were his age... He's her second chance. Her chance to have the perfect son." I trailed off, still waiting for Niall's face to light up with realization but it only remind blank.

He wasn't going to believe me.

"That's ridiculous Harry. Why would she want a retry? She had three sons, Greg is perfectly fine. Jimmy was a f ucking psycho and I'm the one she never wanted. So why? Why would she want Jonah if she didn't want me in the first place?" Niall crossed his arms over his chest, but it was obvious he wasn't buying any of this.

"Think about how proud she was of Jimmy... She idolized him. She believed he could do no wrong.... you were the only one that wasn't perfect in her eyes.... you were the only f uck up. So... naturally you were the only one she wanted to fix." Niall let out another sigh, shaking his head before he sat down at the kitchen table. He looked at me with desperate eyes, the anger slowly fading.

"Why Jonah? Why didn't she just take me?" He whispered, biting his bottom lip before he started to cry again.

"Because Jonah wouldn't have put up a fight. He's three and blind. He wouldn't have realized what was going on until it was too late. He was the perfect choice, but she made one mistake." Niall looked at me confused now, his eyebrows scrunched together. I took this moment to walk over to him, kneeling before him before grabbing his hands in mine.

"What?"

"She messed with the wrong family. We're going to stop at nothing until we have him back, I promise you Niall... We will have him back home." I whispered, looking up at him. Niall let out a soft sob before leaning forward and falling into my arms. He buried his face into my shoulder, crying softly as I just held him on the kitchen floor.

"I just need to know that he's okay." Niall cried, holding onto me tightly.

"I know baby. I know." I whispered. I wanted nothing more than to tell Niall that everything was going to be okay.

That we were going to wake up and find out this was all a dream.

That maybe Jonah would just call for us from the top of the stairs like he always did because he was too scared to go down them himself.

We both just wanted him home safe and sound.

But I couldn't and that was one of the worst feelings in the world.

So I just held him close, giving him what reassurance I could.

"The police aren't going to believe you if what you're saying is true Harry." He said after a few moments, pulling away from our embrace.

"I know... and that's why I'm going to do this by myself. I'm gonna find him." I whispered, even though I knew what I was doing was probably the stupidest thing yet.

But someone had to find Jonah.

And that someone is me.

------------------------------------

HOLLA

It's been like three days again

I'm not really that sorry lol.

Anyways, I have a question. In the multimedia are the two candidates for the cover of the AJ spinoff and I need your guys help figuring out which one to use. The first one is cover A and the second one is cover B lol.

So if you could comment either

A

Or

B

Then that will help a ton.

This story is also coming to a close here pretty soon. So yeah :)

Comment

And

Vote

Connie xx