Chapter Forty-Five

Chapter Forty-Five

And the best I ever was was the best that I was when you left me

Whether I come, whether I go

I believe I will find what reminds me of you

"Uncle Harry... What if he isn't nice?" Laci asked me as we walked into the hospital. She was clutching my hand like it was a lifeline, her eyes still wide and terrified. It had been a little over a week since we had gotten Jonah back and since Ashton had passed away. According to Maura she acted in self defense but nobody believed her... mainly due the fact that she killed Ashton in front of Laci and Jonah.

Laci was left an orphan, both her parents dead. Niall and I wanted to take her in but we simply didn't have enough room for her.

So that left us with one option.

Jack.

He was Alex's dad... Laci's grandpa so it made sense.

Thing was... Jack didn't know about Laci yet... So he was in for a surprise as Niall and I went in for our doctors appointment.

"He's the nicest person I know Laci..." I told her, holding the door open for Niall as we walked in.

"What if he doesn't like me?" She asked, her voice barely over a whisper. I stopped in our tracks before bending down to her level.

"He's gonna love you... You look almost exactly like your other dad sweetheart... It's kinda hard not to love you." I told her, smiling at her kindly as she bit her bottom lip.

"Okay..." She whispered before wrapping her arms around my neck. I carried her inside, grabbing Niall's hand as we walked up to the prenatal wing. Laci still held onto me like I was the only thing that was keeping her grounded, her eyes looking around frantically. We didn't wait in the waiting room for long before we were walking back. Niall climbed up on the makeshift bed while Laci and I sat down. Jack walked in after about ten minutes, a small smile on his face as he pulled up his chair.

"Afternoon boys. How are you?" He asked, pushing his glasses up. Niall and I both replied with good and Laci didn't say a word.

"And who might this be?" Jack asked, looking at Laci with the same kind eyes that Alex had always shown.

"I'm Laci..." she whispered, looking at me for reassurance. I just smiled at her, nodding as she bit her lip again.

"Well it's nice to meet you Laci. I'm Doctor Caplow." Jack held out his hand for Laci to shake, but she surprised us all when she hugged Jack.

"Jack... Can we talk outside for a second?" I suddenly asked, knowing that Jack was confused as to why Laci had hugged him.

"Yeah... course." Jack said, standing up as the both of us walked out.

"Why does she look like my son Harry?" Was the first thing Jack said when we were out of sight. I chuckled a little, running a hand through my hair as I tried to figure out how the hell to tell Jack this.

"It's a funny story really.... See she is Alex's daughter...." and I went on to explain everything that happened with Ashton, starting from the day I ran into him at baby store all this years to go to what happened just a week ago. Jack didn't believe me at first, his facial expression one of pure disbelief.

But then realization came over his face, and the man I considered to be a good friend broke down into tears. He pulled me into his arms as he cried into my shoulder.

"She's really his?" Jack said after a moment, pulling away with a sniffle.

"She is... Got the DNA test done and got the actual results this time. The last ones Ashton gave were falsified. He was tricky like that."

"Harry... th-thank you." Jack said, hugging me again, a little tighter this time.

We walked back into the hospital room after that and the first thing Jack did was hug Laci tightly.

She sat on Jacks lap the entire time, actually smiling and giggling as she helped Jack preform Niall's ultrasound. I grabbed Niall's hand when two steady heartbeats filled the room, along with the image of the two babies.

"Do you boys want to know the genders?" Jack asked after a minute, smiling at us.

"It'll help with names..." Niall said, shrugging as he looked at me. I gave his hand a reassuring squeeze before nodding myself.

"Go ahead Jack." I smiled, looking at the screen expectantly. Jack moved the wand a little more, squinting at the screen before stopping on one baby.

"Baby a is a boy."

"That makes three boys and two girls." I said, more as a side comment as I tried to mentally prepare myself for a madhouse.

Our boys were far more complicated than the girls...

At least that's how it feels right now.

"Well... it looks like it's gonna be four boys and two girls. Congratulations Styles family." Jack said, already printing off sonograms for Niall and I.

"Two more boys... You ready for that?" I asked, kissing the side of Niall's head as he smiled.

"I'm ready for anything, as long as it's with you." Niall winked at me, earning a somewhat surprised chuckle from me.

"I love you."

"Idiot."

-------------------------------------

NARRY FLUFF.

LACI FOUND A HOME

WHY IS CONNIE IN CAPS

Well it's two boys!

This shall be interesting lol :)

comment

And

Vote

Connie xx