Chapter Three

Rowan's P.O.V

The roads are freshly painted, the houses are a beautiful variation of colors, children run around with ice cream cones and kites in their hands. Stay-at-home-moms jog past with their babies in jogging strollers. Teenage girls ride by on teal and pink bikes heading for the small lake that lays just a couple miles away. 

Everything about Lynnhaven appears to be out of a Nichols Sparks movie. Every house has at least two stories and shiny new cars sit parked in almost every driveway. It still amazes me that I was able to find such an affordable house in a town such as this. Of course, we'll just renting but still God definitely had his hand in this.

"Remind me again why we didn't just hire hot movers to do this for us?"

Aries grumbles out as I stack yet another box on top of the two smaller ones in her arms.

"Because we could barely even afford the gas to drive here." I never understood being broke until I joined collage and realized the government just loves to take every penny you earn.  Climbing out of the backset of my jeep wrangler, I gather as many boxes as I can manage and head for the small house. There isn't anything special about it, from the white wooden slabs to the boring tan walls within. But I have big, big plans to make it special, from painting the outer wood to an Egyptian blue with a white frame. Then for the inner rooms I plan on painting the living room a beautiful Sage green, the kitchen will be painted sunflower yellow, and my room will be painted Rust orange. Of course, to no surprise Aries wants her room black and since we have to share a bathroom, we made the decision to paint it an eggplant purple shade. Our house is going to be full of colors in remembrance to the Rainbow from God and the coat of many colors from Joseph. I also plan to take a sharpie and line the frames of the walls in my room with bible verses. There will also be a large sigh saying, 'Be Gone Satan for it is written' hanging on my door as a way for everyone to know that I am a child of God. 

Also, to remind that snake that we have a no reptile policy. 

This house was and is a blessing from God and I don't want to forget it.

It takes us an hour to fully unload both my jeep and her truck but finally we'll able to collapse onto our woodbine couch. 

"You know if I were to go for a run in leggings and a sports bra, I could probably get a sugar daddy." She glances out the large living room window with lustful eyes.

I sigh, "You should not encourage others to lust, Mattew 5:28, Proverbs 6:25-29, and 1 Corinthians 6:18."

She grumbles something under her breathe before standing and heading for the kitchen which has beautiful white tile counters and dark oak cabinets. Every room in the house as wooden floors and even though they are old and scuffed they still hold beauty.

"You want a beer!?"

She shouts and I roll my eyes as I swear, she never hears a word I say, it goes in one ear and out the other.

"I don't drink, and you know that, Luke 1:15."

My eyes drift away from our conversion as a pump figure crosses the road and makes its way up our driveway. I stand from the couch and watch in confusion as the women practically storms towards our door as if she has the intention of kicking down our door like in some Tom Cruise.

"Um Aries?" I whisper yell as I jog yet tiptoe into the kitchen, perfecting the tuck-and-roll form every time I pass a window.

"What?" She grumbles out while stuffing her face with a triple layer brownie.

"Shh! She's going to hear you!" I drop to the floor in one swift movement as a harsh knock falls upon the door.

"Who!?" Aries tries to peek around the corner but I quicky I grab her hand and jerk her to the ground as well.