Cuddles in the Morning

Steve woke slowly, quickly taking in his surroundings, he looks out the floor-to-ceiling windows and notes that the sun is higher up in the sky than when he normally gets up so he figures it must be way past 6:00

After studying the calm ocean out the window he looks down at the form of his sleeping husband huddled against his chest.

He can't help the small smile that forms on his face and leans down to kiss his cheek.

Tony stirs a bit in his sleep and Steve watches for the signs that means his lover will be waking up, and sure enough they come.

When Tony opens his eyes the first thing he feels is the warm sun on his back and two strong arms wrapped around him, and the first thing he sees is the strong bare chest of his Steve.

Steve watches as Tony looks around him and finally caramel brown meets summer sky blue and it's like one thousand worlds come crashing together.

Steve pulls Tony closer to him and tangles their legs together "we should probably get up" "I know" although neither of them make a move to get up.

They lie peacefully like that for a while until they here the telling pitter patter of small feet.

Suddenly they here the automatic door slide open and feel something climb onto the bed and another something not so gracefully jump up.

Steve looks down at Tony and then at the end of the bed where he sees his 4 year old son Peter and their 4 month old puppy Mufasa (Steve always thought that was a silly name for such a small cute animal) start making their way farther up the bed.

Peter wiggles his way up to Tonys pillow and squirms his way under the blankets in between his parents, Mufasa clumsily walks to Tony's pillow and plops down an inch beside Tonys nose.

This is the time of the day that Steve loves most, the only time that the world seems to stop moving.

Steve tightens his hold on Tony then moves one hand to lazily rub at Mufasa's side.

Tony moves one hand to rest on top of Steves who is still petting the puppy and the other moves to cradle his now sleeping son.

Tony looks into Steves eyes again "I love you" Steve momentarily pulls Tony as close as he can without squishing Peter "I love you too"