Baby Comes Home

... Wow... It's been so long since an update, I am suck an awful person, I am so sorry, here's some fluff to make up for it

Steve and Tony were awestruck, to say the least, they new this day would come, they had signed all the papers, baby proofed everything, and designed and built a nursery. But when the day actually came when they finally got to hold a little baby Peter in their arms, they couldn't believe how they had come this far.

Even though Tony was able to design a way that their DNA could become one and put into a surrogate, Steve couldn't believe how much this little baby looked just like Tony, they had the same dark hair, the same bright brown eyes filled with wonder, and even at such a young age, Steve could tell that Pete had the exact same stubbornness as Tony, no matter how many times Tony would deny it.

They had been at the hospital all day yesterday and the better part of today, so it was a relief when they were allowed to go home.

They walk through the door, Steve carrying a sleeping Peter in a car seat, and Tony following behind, staring at the tiny human from over Steve's shoulder.

Pepper was already out of her seat and rushing towards them with her arms outstretched, she pulled Tony into a tight embrace, and then leaned up to press a kiss to Steve's cheek, when she looked down at the baby she looked back at Tony, as if seeing the similarities with one look, "he's beautiful" she told him.

Tony smiled and linked his fingers with Steve's free hand, Steve squeezed his hand gently, "you can hold him, if you want" Pepper nodded, trying and failing to hold back her excitement, she unbuckled the buckle and carefully lifted the boy up, gently supporting his head and rocking him.

Steve and Tony trusted Peter with her while they unpacked, then Tony went to the lounge where Pepper was while Steve made a snack for all of them.

Tony hadn't been getting enough sleep lately, with the anxiety he was feeling over having a living breathing child. Add that to sleeping in a hospital, and you get a very tired looking Tony.

He walked over to where Pepper was holding Pete and bent down to kiss his head, then lied down on the other couch, eventually Pepper stood up and brought the baby to Tony to hold while she helped Steve.

Tony stared down at the sleeping form, Peter was sleeping on his stomach on Tony's chest, he started to gently trace patterns over the warm back, before he too fell asleep.

When Steve and Pepper came back out they smiled at the scene, Steve sitting behind Tony so his head was resting on his lap, Steve started to run his fingers through his husbands soft curls, eating his food quietly.

Pepper left a while after that, Tony was still sleeping, Steve had turned on the tv, barely paying attention as he watched his two baby's sleep, almost like he was guarding them while they slept.

Tony started to wake up, scrunching up his nose in that adorable way that Steve had to bend down and press a kiss to, Tony opened his eyes and blearily looked up into Steve's.

Steve smiling softly, still playing with his hair, "good evening sunshine" Tony smiled up at him "evenin' soldier" he drawled.

Tony craned his head to look at the time, noting that it was around quarter to 8. He looked at Steve again "wanna go to bed?" He asked adorably ruffled.

"For you? Anything" Steve replied, turning off the tv, Tony sat up, careful of the baby, when they were both standing Tony pouted. Steve cupped his chin "what's wrong sweetheart?" He asked him. Tony looked up at him "can he sleep with us?" He asked, Steve just nodded with a smile.

When they went to their room, they took turns holding Peter while the other stripped down to just pyjama pants.

They got into bed, with Tony and Steve facing each other with their legs entwined, with Peter huddled in between them, Steve leaned over just before Tony fell asleep again and kissed his lips softly, Tony mumbling something unintelligible before his eyes fell shut.

Before Steve fell asleep he couldn't help but think how perfect his life is, he had no doubts that there would be a day where the sun didn't shine so bright, but right now he was quite content to just hold the man he loves while protecting him and his son. Right now, everything was perfect.

I apologize if that was awful, it's literally 2 in the morning right now lol, more to come, comments always welcomed, please, if you have one, feel free to make a suggestion.